Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Issue

(Topic created on: 05-07-2022 05:30 PM)
Leah W
First Poster
Options

I have been having this issue for a long time, it started with my Galaxy s10 i got when it was first released and had up until May and around December it started to do this and carried over to my s22 ultra. Certain apps like YouTube and Tik Tok as well as a lot of websites like Pinterest wouldn't connect to the internet when using my mobile data. I chalked it up to a DNS issue and started using Google's DNS server which fixed that issue, except for when using public networks and the DNS server cant be accessed, but at this point I'm at a complete loss on how to fix it permanently. I reset my s10 completely when i was still using it as well as my s22. I've been through multiple different DNS servers which worked on the phones end but when I tried to use my hotspot on my laptop and iPad and the issue carries over, cant use certain apps or access websites.  I don't know what could have caused this issue i haven't ever messed with my settings and i can't pinpoint an update that could have done this to my phone.   

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You should use carrier dns servers and not external ones as they maybe restricted, they shouldn't be but maybe

Who is your carrier?
0 Likes
Leah W
First Poster
Options

T-mobile is my carrier, I have not tried to use carrier specific dns servers and I do not know if any. 

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just have the carrier send you settings, won't need to set specific dns servers on your phone

You can also use something like 1.1.1.1 which use external dns servers
0 Likes