Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dex video flickering

(Topic created on: 05-12-2022 05:49 PM)
CabinBoyMackrel
Apprentice
Options
Hi all. Just picked up my new s22 ultra a few days ago. Loving the phone but are having a couple of issues with watching videos on Samsung dex and usb out video. The monitor occasionally flickers showing a broken image. This can happen as often as every few mins or so but can also happy much less frequently. Doss anyone have any ideas? I have tried a different (although the same make and model) of cable changing dex resolutions etc. Monitor is a uperfect 15 inch portable monitor which works fine on my s20 fe. Any help would be much appreciated. Is this one ui 5 software problems or do I have a bad usb port? 
8 REPLIES 8
Mobz
Voyager
Options
How does your dex perform via wireless?
CabinBoyMackrel
Apprentice
Options
Wireless is total fine. Seems to be only when the USB c is used.
Mobz
Voyager
Options
It sounds like a cable issue then
0 Likes
CabinBoyMackrel
Apprentice
Options
Think it's the handset tbh. The s20 fe is totally fine and the s22u has the same problem on a different Dock entirely unfortunately. Either that or a bad software on the s22
Mobz
Voyager
Options
Perhaps try clear data/cache of Samsung Dex home?
0 Likes
CabinBoyMackrel
Apprentice
Options
I've tried that too unfortunately. The phone has even had a full factory reset 😞
0 Likes
Samsizzy89
First Poster
Options

my s22 ultra is doing the same thing. Dex worked fine on any of my other models s20+, note 10p, and many more. Ive tried the dex station, ive tried usbc-hdmi hubs, and now im running just usbc to usbc and everything flickers black and cuts off. Very infuriating considering i now use dex at work almost every day. No one seems to know not even samsung how to fix this issue and it seems they dont care to investigate.

0 Likes
nathanhermano
First Poster
Options

For me, on Brazil: Try disable the 5G or try connect on wifi.

0 Likes