Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cases vs notifications

(Topic created on: 05-03-2022 07:00 AM)
HowardB
Apprentice
Options
S22 Ultra with a clear view cover and it makes it impossible to be aware of the #notifications without opening the case.
Nice clock, no notifications is a poor show.
Even an envelope or a WhatsApp logo to tell me something. 
My move from Note9 to S22 has brought me a much better camera and a worse user experience. 
8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @HowardB ,

that doesn't sound like the right behaviour of this case and I would love to help you get this sorted. I'm sure that you have checked this already but can you please confirm if you have the Smart cover enabled from the phone Settings? To do this go to Settings > Accessibility features > Smart cover, and enable Smart cover.

0 Likes
HowardB
Apprentice
Options
Hi Tess, I am not seeing these settings. I have the s22 Ultra. I have the Smart Clear View cover. My Note9 (and note 8 ) have clear indicators as to the notifications and an LED to alert. This has nothing, no little envelope, no colour dots, nothing.
Without, this the cover is a hindrance to my phone use. Please let me know what I can do to resolve this.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

My bad @HowardB , this seems to apply to previous Clear View Covers. This one adds more functionalities, however, offered limited notifications. You can find more about this on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3sAqF0iS_w

0 Likes
HowardB
Apprentice
Options
@TessM thanks, the YouTube video confirms my findings that Samsung has failed to make good use of the clear view screen for notifications. I like the presenter am disappointed and equally feel it is a lost opportunity. Perhaps this can be fed back to the developers and an update added. Attached is a terrible sketch of what I want to see, and perhaps others my find useful. Screenshot_20220305-183655_Photo Editor_13811_1646505453.jpg
jackeb
Pioneer
Options
Yes the cover is useless.
The note 20 ultra clear view cover protected tbe entire screen and showed you all the notifications and information through a protective clear plastic window.
The s22 ultra cover has a cut out window that doesn't show notifications and doesn't protect the screen as it reallly is a cut out... how long before the screen gets scratched... why have they take a step backwards with their design.. the original clear view cover worked great why change it... I think it something to do with recycled plastics maybe as that's the advertising for this case... but it is a crappy case not impressed.
Plus my s22ultra doesn't receive signal, loads of us can't make receive calls and texts or use mobile Internet which renders the phone useless when out and about away from a WiFi signal and even then people saying they having issues with WiFi and WiFi calling not working.
Something is amiss with this phone and the case and Samsung design... I hope they can release updates to fix the phone or have to recall the handsets! As for the case I'm guessing they not going to release a better proper clear view case...
Clear View with a clear protective strip of plastic is clear view... having a cut out ok it's clear view but not protective and limited functionality... getting frustrated now with this phone
KTobiasG
First Poster
Options

Hi! I just recently got an s22 ultra aswell and got the clear view case I'm not sure if this is a patch theyve added recently but mine gives me a little orange dot in the top left corner of the clear view window when I have notifications and I thought that was pretty poor however today I just learned that when I swipe left it shows me all my notifications like it would in the notification bar. Have a check if you can do the same! 

chrisblou23
Apprentice
Options

Hello, same issue for S22+ clear view cover. Is there a way to fix this with an update of "Always on display" apps ? Do you know third party application ?

I do not need emoji or new draw on my always on display et clear view cover. I need notification.
Time, Date, Battery, Incoming call answer and for sure Notification !!!

Meanwhile i juste block any notification on screen an keep only Messages, Messenger, Gmail, phone call. May be orange dot will show only when i had important notification

chrisblou23
Apprentice
Options

Do you found any third party apps or an other solution ?

0 Likes