Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery issues

(Topic created on: 18-01-2023 09:25 AM)
Mo78
Pioneer
Options
I used to get nearly 21 hours on a full charge for my S22 ULTRA (I have it since launch last year) but I checked the battery health today and it is at 88% and it only lasts for 12j

Should I get a new battery?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Greeny0601
Explorer
Options
Mine too
Mo78
Pioneer
Options
Could it be due to software updates?
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have never got that much charge, most I have is around 15h
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
My s21 has a fantastic battery life.
Things to consider is adaptive lighting, turn it off. Look the vampire apps .. examples are Facebook, Spotify, Netflix in fact any app that requires the Internet.
Bluetooth and WiFi, if not needed turn them off. Dark mode and extra dim are worth trying out.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Mo78 other than the optimisation techniques mentioned  do you have some apps which  are not regularly used in Sleep Mode, may wish to consider a Power Saving Mode at certain times of the day (can be set up via  Bixby Routines).   However need to have the best Balance of Battery life and Experience.

It is advisable to wipe the cache partition after updates (if not in the habit of doing so) by following steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

can also Repair Apps from the same Recovery Mode/.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes