Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery issues

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 09:24 AM)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

Since I'm usually at home or close to home, this disappointing battery performance is only mildly annoying.  I have wireless chargers throughout my house, so it's not a big deal to keep the phone topped up.  (I normally only charge to 85 percent, but that changed with this performance issue.) 

With a 100 percent charge, a screen brightness at less than 50 percent, and the middle screen resolution setting, I'm told I'll have just over 12 hours of battery use. 

My wife who owns a S21+ and with her screen maxed out for brightness (she only has vision in one eye), is told she'll have one day and several hours of use at a 92 percent charge. 

Having spent €1349 for this phone, I'm hoping this battery performance issue is addressed with an update soon. 

This is disappointing. 

Screenshot_20220304-101553_Device care.jpg

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
9 REPLIES 9
Yorkie73
Pioneer
Options
Ouch, thought mine was bad! Screenshot_20220304-115020_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

According to Settings / Device care, I'm now told I'll have just over 13 hours of use. 

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes
steve0
Voyager
Options

I seem to be charging by s22 ultra  a lot more  than I use to. Could be using it more because it is  a new phone. Another issue has just appeared-- when the phone is in aeroplane mode over night it uses 10% battery- it had been using 2% max previously. Hoping an update fixes this.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I like you have Wireless charging pads and desktop charging stands dotted around the house with one at work and a portable powerbank although ive not had to use it yet @davehorne 

I've not taken notice of what my phone would potentially give when fully charged but the next time I charge to 100% I'll look.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Hi. How long have you had it for ?

It was the same for me for the first few days, I was even ready to send it back but then I decided to keep it.

And to my surprise, a week later, I can now easily get about 6.5 hours of screen on time. Even more if I turn the power saving on.

Took it off the wireless charger this morning at 7.30 and now it's 20.30 and stil have 53% battery life!

Screenshot_20220304-203126_Device care_135912_1646425886.jpg

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

To answer your question, I received my S22 Ultra on 18 February, a week ahead of the original scheduled date. 

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
I see. I thought that it would be the same case as with mine, the battery has taken a turn for the best in the last 2 or 3 days, I wasn't expecting.
Come to think of it, I started charging it with the new official super fast duo pad, could that make a difference? I don't know , might just be a coincidence.

IMG-20220303-WA0012_135737_1646477614.jpg

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

The numbers are looking better.

Screenshot_20220307-071311_Device care.jpg

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

After using the phone for several more weeks, it's gotten better; perhaps I'm using it fewer hours per day.  :smiling-face: 

Screenshot_20220321-173203_Device care.jpg

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes