Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14 UI 6.0 update

(Topic created on: 09-12-2023 09:17 PM)
Xprez
Journeyman
Options

After Android 14 update, my wife cant play music on her car stereo anymore via bluetooth (Toyota Rav 4). Its not Android Auto, since the car is a 2015 model. We've tried resetting all Bluetooth settings on both the phone and the car, but still not working. After connecting to the car via bluetooth, it gives a message on the line of "Bluetooth read error" (its in Norwegian, "bluetooth lesefeil"). Not happened before. And yes, I've tried using my s22 ultra as well, with the same update AND problem. Any fix for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Zumics
Student
Options

1. Enable developer mode (this link)

2. Set Bluetooth AVRCP version to 1.3 or 1.4

3. Restart the phone

This solve the problem

View solution in context

24 REPLIES 24
Members_5FSrcB7
First Poster
Options

Here with the same issues. 

Worked fine before the updates. It will work for phone calls but not music. 

I'm wondering if they have grandfathered out older Bluetooth models. 

1000030279.jpg

 This is all I get. 

0 Likes
Xprez
Journeyman
Options

Already tried, nothing changes. (Dont use cloud sync)

0 Likes
Xprez
Journeyman
Options

It's showing that it's sharing calls, audio (e.g. music), contacts, sms. But it does not work with music. 

0 Likes
Xprez
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, same her. My wife just called me from the car, so that part works just fine. But none of the apps "Spotify", "Audible", "Youtube" etc gives sound. In other words, none of the audio/music apps. 

Members_V45Pe07
First Poster
Options

Exact same problem in my car. Toyota Avensis with Touch 2 Go.

Samisme
First Poster
Options
Have the same issue, but mine is distorted sound on the radio.
0 Likes
MikeR1
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my s22 with the cars and my Bose Bluetooth speak on my desk. Either it won't connect or it's distorted for a period of time.

0 Likes
Xprez
Journeyman
Options

Just been in contact with samsung "expert" (technical department of samsung) and they say we have to take a backup of all our data and do a complete reset of our phones..... I'm have extremely large doubts that's going to fix it, but will try on my own phone later in the week and post an update. If that does not do it, I'm not going to **bleep** through 1 hour of waiting, to get through to support again, so they can "escelate it to a higher level". I think it will be a downgradenon atlest my own phone, worst case a custom rom. 

Xprez
Journeyman
Options

So, as suspected, det update made life for us here a pain. We have poor 3G/4G/5G coverage at our house, but full 2G coverage. Before this update, you could go into settings and select manual 2G band only. Now there's only "automatic 2g/3g/4g etc". So now, the phone chooses 1-2 bar 3 or 4G band, instead of the 2G with full coverage. They (Samsung technical support) said to me, they have not changed anything regarding those settings. (Insert any foul language here) my @SS! Just talked to my operator, and they said they dont have the ability to change that (and if they had, they have no reason to do that, 2G is not closing until 2025). So custom rom looks like the way to go. That means more work. Will update as soon as I can, though Christmas is approaching fast, so might be some days before it gets done. 

Either way, Merry Christmas to all!

0 Likes