Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14 UI 6.0 update

(Topic created on: 09-01-2024 01:52 PM)
Xprez
Journeyman
Options

After Android 14 update, my wife cant play music on her car stereo anymore via bluetooth (Toyota Rav 4). Its not Android Auto, since the car is a 2015 model. We've tried resetting all Bluetooth settings on both the phone and the car, but still not working. After connecting to the car via bluetooth, it gives a message on the line of "Bluetooth read error" (its in Norwegian, "bluetooth lesefeil"). Not happened before. And yes, I've tried using my s22 ultra as well, with the same update AND problem. Any fix for this?

24 REPLIES 24
Roy Leung
First Poster
Options

Same here.  The Auto Upgrade to One IU6.0 and Android 14 happened on my A53 yesterday.  And then, i cannot play any sound on my "Toyota Touch 2 with Go" (Yaris 2015) through Bluetooth anymore today (Spotify Mainly).  It was working good before the upgrade.  I try to connect my wife's IPhone 14 to my "Toyota Touch 2 with Go" with Bluetooth with good result.

I am upset and I cannot play any my playlist anymore at my car.  I will have to drive for 4hours next day........

Any fix??? Any Suggestion??? 

0 Likes
MikeR1
First Poster
Options

I was pushed another update and that has solved my issues.

0 Likes
Mdm6713
First Poster
Options

How did you get the update? I can't connect to bose sound flex speakers I just bought but paired seemlesly with an iPhone so i know it's my phone. Very frustrating! Fold 5 user one UI 6.0. Says I'm up to date

0 Likes
Xprez
Journeyman
Options

Merry Christmas!

So, here's what we've done and it's not a sollution for most people. We had 2 other phones (older models) and are using those for the audio in the car. Don't expect ANY help from Samsung on these matters, they completely ignorant and have no idea what is going on! 

I'm done praising this brand, done so since they entered the market, but enough is enough! 

They cant even tell me why they removed the ability to choose only 2G (gsm, bad 4/5G coverage here) in the menus. An app fixed it for me. Let me know if you want the link to the app (play store). 

0 Likes
MikeR1
First Poster
Options

I'm not sure what update I got as mine shows as one UI 6.0 and android 14. But the problem went away.

0 Likes
Avensis1
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue with my Bluetooth system in my toyota avensis. I made two complaints to Samsung on the members app about the latest software update and my Spotify music cannot play through my Bluetooth system in the car. Has anyone any suggestions to resolve this or alternative ways to play my music?

0 Likes
Xprez
Journeyman
Options

Other than using another phone (preferred an older model, that does not get the android 14 update), sadly no. Samsung have said to me, they hhave no info on it and dont guarantee their phones be able to connect to third party devices. 😥

Solution
Zumics
Student
Options

1. Enable developer mode (this link)

2. Set Bluetooth AVRCP version to 1.3 or 1.4

3. Restart the phone

This solve the problem

Xprez
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for the tip. I will try in a litle bit and tell you how it went. 

0 Likes
Xprez
Journeyman
Options

Thank you very much! I went out into the car and tried on my wifes phone. Needed v. 1.3, that did it! Awesome!

Edit typos