Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADVISE PLEASE

(Topic created on: 02-03-2024 03:55 PM)
Shane6262
Journeyman
Options
Hello everyone so basically I brought a new s22 and it has a rattling sound. when I shake it and I can feel it but it stops a little bit when I'm on my camera. can someone pls help me?
 Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TechZilla
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's just the camera stabilisers moving, when you use the camera they stop rattling because they are being used.
TechZilla - Samsung Members Star

View solution in context

19 REPLIES 19
Solution
TechZilla
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's just the camera stabilisers moving, when you use the camera they stop rattling because they are being used.
TechZilla - Samsung Members Star
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
As @TechZilla says above, it is the movement of your Optical stabilization system you can feel and hear. That said, should you have any serious stabilization issues when taking photos and videos, then, and only then, will you need to act. Can I suggest though, that you avoid shaking your device excessively from this day on, as this may actually cause a problem long term stabilization-wise.
keith30
Mastermind
Options
Don't shake it about, I have a S22ultra and mine has never made that noise. You can damage the camera in continuing doing so if you go around shaking it all over the place.
Shane6262
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your reply may I ask why does it make a slight sound even after the camera is on and do you think I should give the phone back thank you
0 Likes
Shane6262
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for ur advice🙂
Shane6262
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your advice 🙂
0 Likes
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
My honest advice to you is to return it if you are within your returns expiry date. Some devices can have this noisy little problem, and if you were outside your return deadline, I would advise you to just enjoy the thing if there were zero stabilization issues in your photos and videos to date.
I feel this problem is something you simply cannot unhear now, and you may always question why you didn't return the device and get a more quieter one. Go for a replacement if you can, and I genuinely wish you well with this. Good luck to you.
Shane6262
Journeyman
Options
Really appreciate your help have a wonderful day.
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
You are very welcome.
0 Likes