27-08-2023 03:13 PM in
27-08-2023 03:22 PM in
27-08-2023 03:51 PM - last edited 27-08-2023 05:40 PM
For anyone with this issue:
There can be a bit of Battery drain after updates but it usually settles down. Wiping the cache partition can help and is advisable after updates.
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
You can also repair apps from the same Recovery Menu. This is advisable before a Factory Reset, temporary files are deleted but data is intact. At times a Factory Reset may be necessary but ensure your Data is backed up before this course of action.
In the event of continuing issues it would be a good idea to send an Error Report to Samsung. Go to Samsung Members-Support-Send Feedback-Error Reports.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.1,Android 13 .
27-08-2023 11:32 PM in
28-08-2023 07:50 AM in