Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Next Phone - 2023

(Topic created on: 28-12-2022 08:32 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi Guys.

So I have had the S21 Ultra from pre order and so almost coming up to two years .

I didn't feel the the need to upgrade to the S22 ultra as it felt just an incremental update and also because of COVID I didn't really get to use my phone much for the first year.

I was waiting for the S23 ultra to blow my mind but initial reports are not very convincing. Will see about it as I may or may not go for it.

I needed something new to play so have ordered a Pixel 7 and so will be swapping my aim to it and probably giving my S21 ultra to my son whose still rocking my S9+ .

Love everything about my S21 ultra besides the slow shutter speed and I sometimes don't like the duplicity of the apps from Samsung and Google.

Although recently I have switched all my default apps to Google ( phone, contacts, messages, voice assistant)

The reason for that was I felt the latest update messed up the wqhd which I was using all the time and I switched to fhd+ and switching to Google apps seems to be giving me better battery life.

So This maybe farewell or I maybe back with S23 Ultra :smiling-face: .

Untill then I will give The Google Pixel 7 a chance to sway me over.

What is your next phone gonna be?
18 REPLIES 18
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Keeping the s21 til September 2024, or January 2024 cause that us bang on 2 years since I got my s21. Will have to see what the s23 brings, I may end up pushing it and waiting til September 2024 and get whatever flagship is out at that time (one wld think it wld be the s24 with Samsungs pattern, right?) My s21 is still functioning great, so not going to trade it in just yet
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung brings out their phones end Jan/Feb.
I am gonna pass the S23 series for now .
Probably go for the S24 Ultra as nowadays phones are not much of an upgrade every year.
They are more of incremental updates.
I like both Samsung and Google Pixel.
Both have pros and cons.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Pixel 7 is what the 6 should have been. They have apparently fixed everything that was wrong with the Pixel 6 in the Pixel 7.

But I have fired up my S21 ultra again as I got used to the Spen for photo editing and stuff and also the movie editor is so much better than the basic Pixel one.
My sim will be in the Pixel 7 for now.
I'll probably use both to and fro.

Also the tensor in the Pixel 7 is really good and capable. I feel google will finesse it in the 3rd gen and be unstoppable by 4th.
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Fairs, I will see what the s23 brings but I may just end up waiting for the s24 as by September 2024 prices shld be better for that one.
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
And yea, Samsung does bring their phones out end of Jan/start of Feb, but my contract finishes September 2024, so thats when I will probably get a new phone.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Like you I still have my s21 ultra from pretty much launch.
I did purchase the base model s22 because I wanted to have a compact phone,also got the flip3 for pretty much the same reason plus the whole flip thing(still have all 3 and oppo X3 pro).
I had the pixel 6 pro which to be fair was a good phone,but I just found it to be a lesser phone than my s21 ultra.i also got the iPhone 13 pro which again was a good phone but I sold both of them on.
I think if the s21 ultra was released today it would still be an awesome phone.
I have an obsession with phones😅 and I'm looking for my next fix,the trouble is like you say the updates are so minimal now that nothing is really catching my eye.
Was going to wait for the s23 but to be honest they don't look all that,not interested in the ultra because personally I hate the box/squared design.
I'm thinking maybe the iPhone 14 pro will be my next phone but will maybe wait for the s23 before deciding just incase there is any surprises with it 🤔.
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I intended to switch to the Pixel 7 but due to the ongoing poor signal reports and the shattered camera glass issues I decided not to bother.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/192131702/anyone-else-having-issues-with-google-pixel-7...

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I haven't had any signal issues here in the UK and Yeah I just saw the camera glass shattering issues after I bought it.
Seems more US based. I'm in the UK so fingers crossed.

I am probably moving back to my Samsung as Will be going for holidays and definitely need all my lenses 😂. I don't think the pixel 7 will cut it for the range I need.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am gonna move back to my S21 Ultra 😂

Honeymoon period with the
Pixel 7 is over.

Will be going on holiday so will be needing all S21 Ultra lenses for the range of shots.
The pixel won't cut it. And I don't wanna take two phones.

Also I am addicted to smarthings and smart tags .

Also I miss the bigger screen and the Spen.
0 Likes