RonP
First Poster
Options
me also
0 Likes
ghosty
Voyager
Options
I find the facial recognition works just as fast. the fingerprint technology is different, ultrasonic vs optical. I find it much slower but its supposed to be more secure. swings and roundabouts I suppose..
narc666
First Poster
Options
my facial doesn't,, I've deleted an re done a couple of times ,,, where am I going wrong ,, oh and my fingerprint scanner is useless ,,,have to virtually push my thumb through the screen for recognition
0 Likes
ghosty
Voyager
Options
have you enabled the touch sensitivity setting in the display settings, that helps with fingerprint recognition. you don't have any extra screen protector on do you?
I've not done anything out of the ordinary fit the face recognition, I actually had to set it to unlock to the lock screen cos it was so sensitive it kept unlocking when I didn't want it to lol
0 Likes
narc666
First Poster
Options
I have a screen protector on, but it doesn't affect the camera ,, I have upped the sensitivity on screen, but will replace this protector,, just in case , I only got the phone a few days ago , so got whatever was quick lol , thanks for the help ,, it just bugs me that the facial either takes ages or doesn't work,,,
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Did you setup your fingerprint after you applied the screen protector? If not you may want to redo them.
0 Likes
narc666
First Poster
Options
1st thing I did was re do both just in case ,, at 1st face recognition was faster ,, but still slow compared to p20 , and fingerprint worked , but now facial pretty much stopped working and fingerprint is non existent ,, strange ,,, ?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It is, my fp has been perfect quite honestly. I have 4 fingers set up and all work flawlessly. I'm sorry this isn't much help to you, but I think your unit may be faulty. 😞
0 Likes
ernie29
Student
Options
I have recently upgraded from an s10+ to a s21 ultra and facial recognition is much slower (or fails) for me. Fingerprint recognition is instant.
0 Likes