Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the hell have you done to my s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 26-11-2021 12:22 PM)
Members_7Z24k0Y
Apprentice
Options

Since the ui 4.0 update my phone is a bug ridden piece of rubbish.

Music not syncing with Bluetooth in car

Contacts not syncing with Bluetooth in car

Links in Facebook not working

Outlook wouldn't even open

BBC news keeps crashing

I eventually managed after various methods getting to boot menu to clear cache, no difference.

I have had just about every Galaxy since a 4, this is by far the worst update ever

How can I uninstall this update and go back to Android 11?

14 REPLIES 14
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

You can't go back... You're stuck with Android 12!

Shouldn't be so quick to update, Android 12 has many issues and many apps need updating by their developers to work reliably with it.

It is what it is (well for now).

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
Someone had an issue with their Bluetooth in their car on here yesterday, they said they got it sorted by checking/changing their Bixby routines, if that helps you?

Install the 'Good Guardians' app from the Galaxy Store, and the App Booster within it and run it, hopefully that helps sort at least some of your problems.
0 Likes
sharon0211
Explorer
Options
I've had the same issues. Only had my phone 1 week so thought it was just a standard update. Didn't really get a choice....... How do you complain so they do something about it?
0 Likes
maverick22
Navigator
Options
Totally, I wish I had never updated. Can't use any of my app since it keeps crashing. Even google maps. Moving to Apple
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi i know its time consuming, a definite fix is to backup your device & do a factory reset.
sharon0211
Explorer
Options
What are the chances that samsung will send out a fix?
0 Likes
Members_7Z24k0Y
Apprentice
Options

I have had to do this and it is a nightmare, these are no longer phones, they are personal assistants, they contain all kinds of data. Samsung you need to get a lot better at the rubbish you send out, this happens again and I am switching devices. Who do I send the bill too for my time? A lost morning and still not finished, it would at least cushion the blow if I could see any improvements in the software, it looks the same and behaves worse. Very poor indeed from Samsung, your technical team need to hang their heads in shame, this is not fit for public consumption, fit for the bin at best

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

the new  software will  be updated at some point to fix issues. It is best to send error reports when encountering problems. so matters brought to the attention of developers.   Obviously some members are having a few hassles but by no means universal, few problems for me thus far other than a bit more battery drain  . After update would recommend to clear cache partition but this will not work for everyone and a factory reset  may be more successful (vital to back up data though).   Clearing cache partition should be tried first though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Members_7Z24k0Y
Apprentice
Options

Hi

thanks for this but I have already gone down factory reset route, surely Samsung would be better spent investing in quality software releases, as opposed to more bloatware to fix shoddy coding? Thanks for suggestion I will give it a try, just annoying I have to do this