Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE AND WIFI CALLING ICON EE

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 09:18 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
So I've just swapped from Virgin mobile to EE and I no longer have the volte and WiFi calling icons, which were present Whilst I was using virgin mobile, anyone know what the issue could be? They aren't working either. Tried a phone call and it switches to 3g and WiFi calling won't work either. 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
On the pull down menu
Have you checked enabled
The Wi-Fi calling icon on the pull down menu
BrianHD88
Pathfinder
Options
Its fine give you a little bit better calling quality
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Yes it's on.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I have used the WiFi calling feature with both a Three mobile and iD mobile sim card and have never had a volte icon appear. Maybe this is network dependant?

I do get the WiFi calling icon appear but only when my network signal drops low enough. You can see in recent calls that some of my calls have been over WiFi calling and others haven't.Screenshot_20220108-211513_Phone_5134_1641676566.jpg
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you set up WiFi calling with EE on your new EE plan ? I believe you need your provider to " switch on " the option on your plan before you can use it
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
As per papashaun comment. Had the same issue when I changed from EE to Vodafone. A simple call to customer service enabled it for me... reboot of phone and the options appeared.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I'll try that. Can't even send SMS. Says sending failed. Having issues!!!!
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
You might also ask them to send / re send their network settings to your phone in case the phone is still trying to use the original settings for Virgin
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
It's not receiving text messages either. I can ring out but goes to voicemail if someone rings it. Don't know what's going off.
0 Likes