Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to turn on WiFi in plane mode

(Topic created on: 06-01-2023 04:26 PM)
SirG
Journeyman
Options
I am experiencing an issue where I can't activate WiFi in flight mode. I have contacted Samsung dozen of times, reset the device and followed all the steps but no luck. Did anyone experienced that? I never had it with other Samsung devices (nor the other ones).
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I can connect to WiFi and Bluetooth on flight mode no problem. You could try and send error report. Go to support at the bottom of the members app. Scroll down until you see error report.
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I just use the pull down quick menu and select airplane.
No WiFi or Bluetooth, ideal if there is no signal.
SirG
Journeyman
Options
I have done that a dozen of times over last 6 months and always being promised someone will get back to me. But no-one does.
0 Likes
SirG
Journeyman
Options
Exactly. It used to work like that but not anymore. Whenever I actually go to the WiFi menu then it just says "In flight mode" when I try to activate WiFi.Screenshot_20230106_172917_Settings_1000010162_1673026157.jpg
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Airplane off and on.Screenshot_20230106_173420_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20230106_173351_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
SirG
Journeyman
Options
The problem is that I need to have WiFi on with the airplane mode also on.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I don't think that is possible, as airplane mode it what it says.
Ideal if you are in an area with no signal, as your phone will look for a signal even if there in none.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can turn wifi back on even with airplane mode on. That how you get and use WiFi whilst on a plane

I don't have any issue with my S22Ultra
0 Likes
SirG
Journeyman
Options
This is exactly the problem - I am unable to turn the WiFi back on when airplane mode is on. Didn't have this issue with S20 but it persists with S21 Ultra. I have also checked S21 (not ultra) and this works as expected (e.g. I can flip WiFi back on even in plane mode).
0 Likes