Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart View doesn't work on S21Ultra

(Topic created on: 13-03-2021 08:57 PM)
Kingsherry
Journeyman
Options
When pressing smart view from the notification toggles, it doesn't display any TV's in my house while all the other devices in my house can cast to the TV. I had to download a third party app in order for it to work. Cmon Samsung. Screen casting only works when on youtube or other apps but Smart View doesn't work
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Ragety
Pioneer
Options
I had a similar problem. I think I had to manually turn on WiFi Direct in the settings. I had to mess with the settings on the TV too.
sorry to not be more help, but I got it working in the end on my old ish sony TV.
There was too much lag so used the chrome cast which worked so much better.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kingsherry: Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with Smart View. What is the model number of the TV you're trying to connect to, and are the S21 Ultra and TV both connected to the same Wi-Fi network? When you attempt to connect via Smart View, are any apps open at the time? Have you tried proceeding with the connection from the Home Screen, with all apps closed? 

0 Likes
Kingsherry
Journeyman
Options
The model number for my TV is: 49PUS6401/12 . It is a Philips 4K Ultra Slim TV powered by Android TV. I have the tv updated to the latest software, both the phone and the TV are connected to the same wifi. The TV has built in chromecast. I've also tried connecting from the home screen with all apps closed. I've provided a screenshot of what I have to deal with. It doesn't show any devices ever. However screen casting works with third party apps so it's either the Samsung software or it's the handset itself but I dont think screen casting can be a hardware issue? Or can it

Screenshot_20210512-030637_Smart View.jpg

0 Likes