Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshot

(Topic created on: 30-01-2021 12:28 PM)
Ben_mapp
Explorer
Options
Hi just got my s21 today,  can someone  tell me  how to take a screenshot? I've pressed  volume down and power and it just  takes me to power off options. The volume  button works fine on it's  own.
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Ben_mapp
Explorer
Options
Sussed it, have to be quick and release the buttons or it enters power off menu never noticed my s10e do that..
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
if you're having issues with that method another way to take a screenshot is swiping your palm. You can find the setting for this under - Advanced Features --> Motions and gestures --> Palm swipe to capture

Hope that helps😊

Screenshot_20210130-123426_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Ben_mapp
Explorer
Options
OK thanks
0 Likes
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
press the volume down and power button quickly, dont hold it down and make sure you press them at the same time
Mefink86
Apprentice
Options

yeah for me the big issue is the power and volume Doen button doesn't work they way too close together to hit both with my sausage fingers ***** this change by samsung. they need to give us a way to change to a more accessible way. i hsve no clue how to palm swipe im older idk or want these complicated ways to take a ***** screen shot also some places i often screenshot require me to zoom in on screen then screenshot cant do that with both on same side of phone but in my previous model it was volume doen and bixby which was on other side that setup worked alot better for big fingered users. Samsung keeps ruining functionality and accessibility they were great phones but they keep changing the ***** we like to become more iphone like which we hate

0 Likes
Mefink86
Apprentice
Options

the s10 was much easier and you had a way to change it to the bixby and volume down buttons on opposite sides of phone too. thst was much better for me i got sausage fingers i cant hit both too close to eachother

0 Likes
Mefink86
Apprentice
Options

oh no i hate that wdge ***** it always gets in the way when i scroll to  read stuff i disable thay stupid edge *****. they need to make it more accessible for people with big fingers or they gonna lose business.  

0 Likes
Mefink86
Apprentice
Options

some of us cant actually do that they so close together not everyone has tiny fingers. some of us got sausage fingers or tendinitis issues hitting 2 button on same side is sinply too hard

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Mefink86: If you're struggling with the Volume Down and Side Key approach to taking a screenshot then, although I understand you're not a fan, the best approach would be to access this feature via the Edge Panel. 

Settings > Display > Edge Panels > On > Panels > Tasks (tick to enable)

Hit Edit below the Tasks panel and make sure that 'Take Screenshot' is added to the panel. If not, scroll to the bottom of the list of options and add it from the Advanced Features section. Go back to the Edge Panels landing page > Handle, and position it using the Position option, and the up/down arrow next to the handles current location. This may not be your preferred approach, however it does allow you to take a screenshot with a few taps of the screen, and will avoid any dexterity obstacles you're facing. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes