Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen scratches

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 01:20 PM)
J0SS
First Poster
Options

Hi,

New S21 and only had it in a leather case. I keep one credit card inside the cover, and after two weeks use I can see scratches on the screen right where the card hits the screen. I thought the screen was supposed to be a bit more resistant than this?

Does the S21 come with any for of protective film? Around the front facing camera I can see something that could look like there is something on the rest of the screen (just not on the lens). Any ideas?

-J

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Case1188
Voyager
Options
yeah fit a Whitestone dome screen protector, I don't think there's any protector that covers the front facing camera, most have a cut out, I may be wrong tho, if I am, apologies.
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Yes there is a factory fitted screen protector. Although this is plastic instead of glass which can scratch easily it does help but you can swap it out for a more premium one if you prefer. I left the factory fitted one on my S20 Ultra and never had a problem so I intend to do the same with this one.
J0SS
First Poster
Options

Ok, I see, so if it gets bad I can replace this. I tried to use my nail on the edges. Did not get a grip so I left it (in case there was no protector and I continued with my nails on the corners). Guess it's a good thing that it's hard to notice that it is in fact a screen protector :smiling-face:

0 Likes
B3C
Explorer
Options
my s21 arrived yesterday and its got a cluster of scratches on it which I'm pretty sure I didn't make. I've just traded in an s7 which didn't get scratched like this in 4 years with no screen protector

received_182054540050541_7127.jpg

0 Likes
B3C
Explorer
Options
hah I'm so glad I came to this forum and noticed the screen protector! would have been embarrassing if I'd gone complaining 🙊
0 Likes
MickyLanch
First Poster
Options
Have the same problem. I am hugely disappointed with the S21 ultra. I've had the phone a week. Bought a new case and put my plastic cards in the slots, as I have done with my previous 10 Samsung phones. The glass has been scratched by the plastic. Surely its more resilient than that for a £1300 phone.
0 Likes