Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S21 Ultra fragile screen

(Topic created on: 23-04-2022 07:37 AM)
Naddy1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I have been using my Samsung S21 ultra and I love it.! I don't like however.. how easy it is for the screen to crack.  I'm using a screen protector and my phone fell and the bottom  left area of the screen beneath my screen protector cracked.  I think these screens are faulty... This isn't my first Samsung phone that fell.. But it's the first to crack so easy.  I'm very disappointed with this feature as this phone is very expensive over priced in my opinion 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
smiley
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I have to agree... my heart in mouth when I have dropped my phone in the past...

Unfortunately phones these days are all made of glass... as consumers demand for the best looks and build quality. There was only little risk years ago when phone screens were plastic 😉

Don't be fooled into the 'gorilla glass' term... any glass on a phone either on the front or back... is hardly 'gorilla'.

If the phone is not suitably covered by cases and screen protection... and even if you have made those measures and are unlucky with how it lands.. when the phone is dropped onto a hard surface it is at high risk of smashing.

I have used my S21U since Jan 21... and so far no breaks 🤞... although it has fallen from table height in the house a few times.

I always insist on a case and a Whitestone dome protector... due to its glass hardness. And I have samsung care covering it if it does smash.

If you look at everyone's phone around you... so many have cracked or broken screens... so it isn't only samsung... apple and others are all just as susceptible.

Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S21 ULTRA 512GB SM-G998B/DS
Samsung One UI 4.0 / Android 12

Samsung Watch 3 45mm SM-R840 in Black
Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro SM-R190 in Black
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Dropped my phone a few times and no broken screen here. I have no screen protectors on it! I removed the factory installed one not long after I got it. When you drop your phone it's a lottery as to whether it gets damaged or not.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung phone user.

Current Devices:
  • Samsung S21 Ultra 5G 256Gb > Model: SM-G998B/DS.
  • Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic > Model: SM-R890NZSAEUA.
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Naddy1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Lucky u my friend!!!! I'm in Trinidad and Tobago definitely my phone isn't from UK

0 Likes