Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s21 5g codecs

(Topic created on: 23-03-2023 01:48 AM)
CookieMon
Journeyman
Options
Re: the above phone. Went into developer mode to check out the codecs. The ones that stand out are aptx, ldac and samsung seamless codec etc. What aptx is it, standard , adaptive etc. What is samsung seamless codec and which is the best for listening to amazon music unlimited for uhd music.

Need a pair of earbuds but samsung galaxy live earbuds just have sbc and aac . Any advice is greatly appreciated 👍
4 REPLIES 4
Shane666
Explorer
Options
I have samsung a22 5g and amazon music unlimited.
Got the xm5 headphones and soundcore a3i earbuds. Ldac for the Sony headphones is the obvious choice, but to be honest I find that the aac apple codec is superb on the xm5 and the earbuds.
AAC all the way for me...
Shane666
Explorer
Options
Try the soundcore a3i earbuds, they sound superb and have anc which is quite effective, £50 on amazon and probably the best earbuds I've had. Samsung buds just don't sit right in the ears, a3i fits like a glove, give them a try, you can always send em back? Save some money into the bargain
CookieMon
Journeyman
Options
Maybe i am looking into the whole thing in too much detail. Probably any sound difference would be hard to pick up on 👍
0 Likes
Shane666
Explorer
Options
Well ldac is over 900kbs, where aac is around 250kbs, but you really can't tell the difference unless you studio technician or something. Plus aac codec is a really solid connection, where the ldac is transferring 3 times the data so I find I get dropouts even on my xm5s. Up to you, but I never have issues with aac
0 Likes