Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung halts Galaxy S21 BUL6 update

(Topic created on: 21-12-2021 06:47 PM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

N.B. This thread refers to the BUL6 release which has now been superseded by the new BULC update

As most of us have already seen, there is currently a hiatus in updates for the Galaxy S21 series with many having not received the December 2021 Android Security patch, to-date.

"Samsung is temporarily pulling the plug on the Android 12 One UI 4.0 update for the Galaxy S21 series in South Korea, as per a recent announcement issued by a Samsung Community Moderator (via TizenHelp). According to it, a few devices are experiencing an error due to compatibility issues with Google Play.

The One UI 4.0 rollout won’t resume until Google and Samsung solve the issue. It sounds like the problem may not lie entirely with Samsung, or at all, but whatever the case may be, they are working hard to resume the One UI 4.0 firmware rollout as soon as possible."

Also applies to the Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Fold 3

Source... SamMobile

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
12 REPLIES 12
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I have never encountered any Google Play Store issues on either the Beta or Stable Android 12 releases

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
alecic89
First Poster
Options

Same issue here after receiving the December patch. It's frustrating

0 Likes
Jasper0105
Journeyman
Options
Well I'm assuming that everyone has received the third December update? Now it's a matter of "wait and see" to see if this app update problem has been fixed
0 Likes