Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung CyberAttack

(Topic created on: 05-03-2022 07:43 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options

This is quite serious and alarming, have we got an official statement from Samsung? We need to know if our personal data including passwords, bank cards, banking apps impose a risk of getting into the wrong hands?

34 REPLIES 34
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just to be on the safe side. Change your passwords and set up two factor authentication.
Something we should all be doing regularly anyway.
I've not seen any official statements.
Not sure how far any information can take them or if they can make use of any of it.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Obviously worrying but need to await further information. I take security precautions as a number of us will do  but suppose some folk might be a bit lax.

Another report here: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/hackers-leak-190gb-of-alleged-samsung-data-source-cod... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just to be on the safe side. Change your passwords and set up two factor authentication.
Something we should all be doing regularly anyway.
I've not seen any official statements.
So not sure how far any information can take them or if they can make use of any of it.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, I've had two step authentication set up a few years now, I was thinking of changing my password not too long ago.
Thanks anyways.
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Thanks indeed for the warning Blessed4Life.. It is good of you to share this with the community.. There really are some charming sociopaths around aren't there?...😡😡
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
So very true 😡
Forgot to say your very welcome.
Masser
Voyager
Options
Android Police: Hackers claim massive Samsung leak, including encryption keys and source code.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Masser  Heard about this yesterday.  Another thread here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/samsung-cyberattack/m-p/4960398#M40363 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.