Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21U Game sound quality

(Topic created on: 14-03-2021 09:15 AM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Whenever I listen to music or YouTube or anything besides games the audio quality is fantastic but as soon as you launch a game the sound is distorted and sounds flat and tinny. Tried turning off Dolby Atmos for games but the sound is still terrible. My old p30 pro had the same quality audio whether you were gaming or playing music. Hope Samsung can fix this and make the sound same for games and music!!!!!!!

114 REPLIES 114
DrZieg
Journeyman
Options

still happening with ONE UI 4???

adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Yep 🙄 shame on Samsung for not fixing and listening to us.
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Here you go, I've contacted SamMobile editor and they've got us covered! 

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-z-flip-3-z-fold-3-one-ui-4-0-audio-bug/

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
DrZieg
Journeyman
Options

bravo!

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Now they didn't contact the Samsung sooo.... What about hopes. 

0 Likes
Hector Monter
Journeyman
Options

I guess this might be my final comment in this thread.

There's a bigger problem now, I just installed ONEUI4, problem is still there but now recording screen doesn't fix it.

So now anyone who reads that post from SamMobile you made will try to record screen to hear the difference but they won't find any now. It's checkmate for us since almost nobody can tell good sound from bad sound.

The lesson here is to try the apps you will use the most in a phone that is not yours before buying one for yourself, either go to a physical store or look for a friend who has the phone you want and ask him/her to let you download the apps you want, check for any fishy malfunction. Once satisfied with the results, buy the phone.

Now, fixes for this problem:

1 Buy Bluetooth earbuds/speakers. I can't guarantee every product will fix the issue, but I have a very generic chinese speaker and it fixes it. Another advice would be don't buy them from Samsung, stop supporting such a villainous company.

2 This one is something I haven't tried but I will, if I find good results I'd be back with some feedback. There are some apps that can help you disable Samsung Game Optimizing Service, I have a hunch that it is the one causing the problem since it's also the one responsible for many other gaming issues users have reported.

Last thoughts:

This is the first Samsung Flagship I get, and now I can tell why the company is constantly being criticized by its own users. Somehow they've found a breach through people's naivete and ignorance, so they can do whatever they want with it's products put a high price tag on them and make a full out of millions of people without they even realizing.

For me, the fact that they changed it so now recording screen doesn't fix it, is proof that they aknowledge the problem, but they just don't care, because they are confident their users just buy their phone because of design and brands status.

I know they have good things going like design and hardware (I got s21+ because of its design) but try to see that your money is well spent and ask yourself if it's worth it. I'm nobody to tell you what you should do with your money but at the end of the day, this money is the time you spent working your ass off, time you will never get back. What I'm trying to say is that you deserve better than this company but most importantly, you deserve better that just reading a phone stats liking it's design and clicking "Buy Now".

I hope everyone here is good and why not, let's hope they're working on this issue, but they just tried to hide it while they fix it's, but to be honest, I would not hold my breath.

ManzaEN
Explorer
Options

If this is the case, I will be sure to make sure to document as many games as possible and do a before and after comparing One UI 3 to 4. I'll make a super cut once I get the update and make sure my sound environment is controlled.

If other people could do the same that would be great, as I only have one Samsung device.

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Well put. If this was the only issue.... They have many! 

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

What can I do? I still don't have OneUi 4.

0 Likes
DrZieg
Journeyman
Options

s21 ultra exynos version .... One UI 3 and recent update to UI 4 ... same *****. Some Games tested : Rush Rally 3, Asphalt9 , Ticket to Earth, BombSquat.

0 Likes