Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21U Game sound quality

(Topic created on: 14-03-2021 09:15 AM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Whenever I listen to music or YouTube or anything besides games the audio quality is fantastic but as soon as you launch a game the sound is distorted and sounds flat and tinny. Tried turning off Dolby Atmos for games but the sound is still terrible. My old p30 pro had the same quality audio whether you were gaming or playing music. Hope Samsung can fix this and make the sound same for games and music!!!!!!!

114 REPLIES 114
DrZieg
Journeyman
Options

i tried administering sound with wavelet to fix it, but nothing happens

0 Likes
ManzaEN
Explorer
Options

Prior to updating, record audio samples from games that are repeatable ie. menu soundtracks or sound effects. Then after updating to One UI 4.0, record the same sounds and compare them to One UI 3.X.

After that, upload the video showing how audio from One UI 3.X with screen recording sounds better than audio from One UI 4.0.

I'd advise anyone who is willing to do this to wait till the update is available.

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

AntS 

a week ago

The developers have got back to me now with some clarification on the game sound issue, so I now understand what's going on with it.

Some games and apps have their audio output configured by their developers to be low latency, in order to reduce processing time/buffering.

Low latency audio output isn’t available in the Screen Recorder feature, so it processes the audio data fed into it to be generated as “normal media playback”. Which is why we all get the fuller sound on that.

In other words, it’s not an error at the device side of things, but an app developer thing as to whether their app for a particular OS/device/situation can generate  audio output other than low latency.

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

@AntS 

0 Likes
Hector Monter
Journeyman
Options

It sounds to me like they're trying to blame on anyone else before fixing a problem that makes all of their fantastic hardware sound like a 50 dollars smartphone.

It sound like a cheap excuse to me, bc then ALL GAME DEVELPOERS use this "low latency output setup" because all games sound like ****, how convenient.

And even if this was the case, if they can't fix it, I don't get how they think the customer can.

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Yep, such a bs. My s10+ and other phones I've test A20e prior to S21 line don't have this issue. So it's not the game issue,its theirs... 

Ege_K1
Explorer
Options

They are trying to avoid from this issue. Only Samsung devices have this problem. If it was game issue then all the other brands should have the same problem.

adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
If that was the case then it would happen on all devices, not just Samsung. But I came from a P30 pro and never encountered the issue and played the exact same games on both devices. They are just trying to pass the blame on to the game developers because they are too lazy to fix the issue. !
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Exactly, I play call of duty mobile on my iPad now and the sound is fantastic, soon as I play it on my phone the sound is awful.
Ege_K1
Explorer
Options

I updated my Note 20 Ultra to android 12, now its getting worse. Sound fix method with screen recorder not working anymore. Shame Samsung im looking for sell my device

0 Likes