Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21fe issues after one UI5 update

(Topic created on: 24-11-2022 04:28 PM)
Mrclius
Pioneer
Options
S21fe updated to UI5. Couple of issues.... Fingerprint reader sometimes doesn't work when phone hasn't been used for some time. When it happens I need to double tap the screen to wake it up and then scan my fingerprint again. Also "back" gesture (where I swipe up from the right bottom of the screen) sometimes instead of going back brings up the list of background apps. Both issues very annoying. Anyone else experienced anything similar?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mrclius 

My Fingerprint Scanner on my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra has always worked around 90% of the time.

I believe in my circumstances it's my skin which can become dry.

I take two scans of the thumb I prefer to use and I've scanned my other thumb too.

Breathing on my thumb appears to help increase the % rate !

Try deleting your scans and reset them back up, and perhaps scanning the same print twice may help.

You could also perform a cache wipe which should generally help with a phone after a software update.

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I've not noticed any difference, good or bad, on my s21FE as a result of the update, I don't use screen gestures, so I can not comment on that, but my fingerprint still works flawlessly and I don't need to wake the screen to use it.

I did use the good guardians app booster after the update. I'm not sure if that's relevant or not.
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.android.samsung.utilityapp
0 Likes
Mrclius
Pioneer
Options
Problem with gestures was caused by this function enabled. Disabling it fixed the issue.
As for the fingerprint reader problem it only occurs when my phone connects to android auto wirelessly.
Otherwise everything works great. FB_IMG_1669307237002_1000000083_1669307237.jpg
0 Likes
Justinshock
First Poster
Options

The phone is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL PIECE OF GARBAGE.  Samsung, you have lost a customer FOREVER.  I have two samsung TVs, EVERYTHING is Samsung, NEVER EVER AGAIN. 

0 Likes