Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 update to Android 12 - SIM continuously resetting

(Topic created on: 02-12-2021 08:54 AM)
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

three days ago I have received the update to Android 12 on my Galaxy S21 5G  and, since then, the phone is almost unusable to make phone calls

Both sims reset themselves periodically, within minutes, dropping the network and any phone call in progress. 

After trying to reset the network settings, the phone has started to request the pin for the sims at each reset, so I had to disable it. Keeping one or the other sim active only isn't changing the behaviour. 

The diagnostic on the phone doesn't detect any issue even if run while the network is down. 

Does anyone incurred in the same issue or found any solution? The phone is 3 months old...

0 Likes
Go to solution
109 REPLIES 109
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options
How did you do that? Did you trade your phone with a shop or was some Samsung scheme?
0 Likes
hasham11
Explorer
Options
You can trade in at any Samsung experience store or online at Samsung's website
0 Likes
christo574
Journeyman
Options

New firmware OneUI 4.1 seem resolve the problem. I will try during several days to confirm that

gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options
That's my hope!! Not yet out for ITV, but it should be soon. Thanks for good news, finger crossed!!
0 Likes
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options
Just updated to 4.1... And it looks like it's working!! No resets in the past two hours. Finger crossed.
0 Likes
HaCet
Journeyman
Options

Yes, I also did the One UI 4.1 update and the network problems seems to be fixed! Before when I chose 5G/4G/3G setting, the network would be lost completely at my home and in certain other areas. Now I have 5G at home and when 5G is not availible the phone switches to 4G(+) like it should! Hope it stays stable but it looks promising *fingers crossed*.

JLerrdh
Apprentice
Options
Agree here too.

I'm going to give it 24 hours, but I've got an engineer coming Monday! Will cancel if it's now rosy.

Bloody annoying it's taken 4 months to sort this though. Samsung compensation for lack of 5g?
0 Likes
Abdul75
Journeyman
Options

Hey buddy, you gotta tell us how to downgrade it please. I am devastated by this act of the phone and extremely disappointed with SAMSUNG not entertaining any complain. 

0 Likes
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options
The update to the latest firmware solved the problem for me and many others, so you should try that. To downgrade, it depends on which version you are: if you have gone beyond the very first A12 releases, downgrade is not possible. I searched on forums how to do it, I can't remember well enough to explain it - it's not a simple procedure. But try the last update, if that doesn't work then probably you have a different issue and you should ask for a repair of the phone.
0 Likes
ERRT RADIO
First Poster
Options

You would think as much as these phones cost they would help fix them or offer a replacement of same quality no down grade  i have the S21 Ultra (Galaxy) and it resets sim i only have one sim card in it my phone connection is so bad right now this just started. i had to make a phone call on my wifi service.  2 bars or no bars of service connection what is going on ?  this should be fixed as much as i pay for the account this is outrageous! well thanks for sharing your issue i am glad i am not the only one suffering with these issues.  

0 Likes