Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra system volume too loud

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 10:41 PM)
Qash001
Explorer
Options
Anyone else noticed that "system sounds" are far too loud, even on the lowest setting? What I mean are the in-app sounds from FB and WhatsApp etc (considered system sounds for some reason). 

What can be done about it? I'm not keen on turning the sounds off completely, just want them at a softer volume that isn't so offensive especially late in the evenings.
45 REPLIES 45
isolatelatimer
Explorer
Options
I think it comes down to personal preference. typically, I leave my device on Vibrate as its usually loud enough and only have calls on for sound. I'd suggest giving that a go. you can also time trigger Do not disturb which will silence the device entirely during certain hours, during Do not disturb you can set behaviours so if somebody is trying to get hold of you in an emergency, their second call in quick concession will ring without any barrier. you can find this by going to settings; tap in search bar 'do not disturb' and then set recurring time schedules under 'schedule'
0 Likes
Scotcruz
Voyager
Options
your FB and WhatsApp are not system sounds and can be controlled separately.

as you press the volume button down once, you will see a bar. Press the 3 dot menu button where you will see multiple bars.

one with spanner is System Sounds and one with the bell is your notifications for the apps.
Qash001
Explorer
Options
Sorry maybe i wasn't clear about this, I'm not talking about notifications, rather the in-app sounds, such as when you send out receive a WhatsApp message when you have the app open, or when you 'like' a FB post for example. for some reason those are classified as system sounds. I've muted the spanner category and these sounds are silenced, however on even the lowest setting these sounds are extremely loud.
Qash001
Explorer
Options
Thanks i will look into the DND settings, although I really don't want to mute completely, just have them at a reasonable level considering the lowest setting is still very loud. might be a compromise i have to make!
Katrial
First Poster
Options

I just bought my standard S21 this afternoon and have spent half the afternoon trying to work out how to fix this exact problem as well. Finding it quite frustrating for several reasons. Sure I can mute system sounds altogether when I don't want to be blasted with simple in-app 'system sounds' like sending / receiving a new message on messenger, but I'd rather have them there like I'm used to but at a normal volume. Having every single volume option sitting 1mm off of muted still results in loud sounds when apps are open. This is definitely going to bug me if not fixed at some point. 

Qash001
Explorer
Options
I'm still waiting for something to come of it. it doesn't look like many are having this issue, or in just not searching correctly.
Members_VeJuR5B
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. My Facebook sounds are super loud even though all my sound settings are at lowest. That's dissapointing. 

ndompierre
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue with my Galaxy S21 Ultra with the last firmware update with march 1 security correctives. 

It's really system sound who seems maxed out whatever the system volume you set, it's like max or off.

ndompierre
Apprentice
Options

Uninstall / Re-install the problematic app did the trick...