Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra shutting down

(Topic created on: 06-05-2021 07:17 AM)
millsy360
Journeyman
Options
Hey guys I've got the s21 ultra and it's been just randomly shutting down and starting back up engineers say its an app noticed it close when being on instagram a couple of the times. Is there any suggestions in how to find out what apps could be making it happen really annoying lol
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi try putting your phone in safe mode & see which app is giving your phone the shutting down issue.

https://youtu.be/U6Z2mwessvk
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Make sure All apps, bothe galaxy store and play store are updated.

Try a wipe cache.

As suggested boot in safe mode.
millsy360
Journeyman
Options
I've done that before but i do have quite a few apps and that just looks like it stops the apps from working so its hard to tell for me.
millsy360
Journeyman
Options
How do i do a wipe cache sorry? As i do make sure the apps are up to date and the phone.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Make sure your charing cable is in the phone and then volume up and power key once phone is off.

Check youtube videos.

https://youtu.be/AOLduvCLgEQ
millsy360
Journeyman
Options
1 more thing what does it wipe not passwords or anything like that does it?
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Check recently used apps in the Play Store.

In order to affect your phone, the app will be active on your device. After the problem occurs, you can go into the Play Store to see which apps have been recently active. This should help you narrow it down, especially if it shows an app that you know you haven't used recently. 

Head to Play Store > Menu (3 lines top right) > My apps and games > Installed > Last used.

Welcome to the Community!

Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
No it doesn't wipe any of your sensitive information just minor software glitches that might occur after every update.
millsy360
Journeyman
Options
So I've tried it and its not working it brings the charging screen and does nothing. So I let go and hold the buttons again but it just powers on as normal do I need to have the charging wire plugged into the adaptor also or just a wire plugged into the phone?
0 Likes