Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 Ultra - Screen Recording Not Functioning

(Topic created on: 18-05-2021 05:04 PM)
cas89
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone, would like to knw anyone else has the same problem as mine, or is it only me? 

I've pull down the notification tab to screen record my phone. When I tap on the screen record button, error message as per screenshot:

Can't Screen Record - Tap Settings to Allow Samsung Capture appCan't Screen Record - Tap Settings to Allow Samsung Capture app

I taped Settings, and tried to find the Samsung Capture App but there isn't any: 

There's No Samsung Capture App!!There's No Samsung Capture App!!

So I tried to reinstall the app, went to Galaxy Store, and it said there installed? I can't even tap it. 

When I tried to reinstall, I can't even click uninstall cause there isn't one.When I tried to reinstall, I can't even click uninstall cause there isn't one.

Help! How do I fix this.

12 REPLIES 12
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's asking you to allow permissions for apps to appear on top, not the capture app.

It doesn't have this error on mine, it goes straight to a countdown before screen recording.
0 Likes
cas89
Journeyman
Options

It is asking me to allow permissions for the Samsung Capture App. The problem is, there is no Samsung Capture App in my Apps List. (REFER PIC 2)

When I tried to download the Samsung Capture App, it has been installed, yet i can't see it on my apps list. (Refer pic 3)

0 Likes
Lukeb1
Pioneer
Options
It's asking you to allow the apps you want to record to be on top. And you can see from your image that most of them are turned off, I would try allowing them all and then giving it a try. You can then turn off the ones you don't want to allow
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Go to settings>apps and scroll down to Samsung Capture and check that it's not disabled. If it is not in that list then I am not sure why its not showing up.
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Go to apps > 3 dots > special access > appear on top then look for Samsung capture and allow it to appear on top
0 Likes
cas89
Journeyman
Options

I tried this, but it resulted the same as pic 2. The Samsung Capture is not in the list.

0 Likes
cas89
Journeyman
Options

photo_2021-05-19_10-31-25.jpg

@Joeeye, 

Tried yr suggestion. But it is still Not in the list. 😞

0 Likes
cas89
Journeyman
Options

photo_2021-05-19_10-31-25.jpg Not in the list. 😞

0 Likes
Solution
cas89
Journeyman
Options

Okay guys, after much trying around, found the solution. A simple solution, but can be overlooked. 😅

At the Appear On Top , there's a 3 dots (refer to this pic:) Appear On Top >>> Show System AppAppear On Top >>> Show System App

and I tapped the "Show System App", and guess what, "Samsung Capture" App is on the list. 

It was hidden all this while! 🤣 

Tadaaa.. There's the Samsung Capture app that was hidden all this while.Tadaaa.. There's the Samsung Capture app that was hidden all this while.

Thank you guys!