Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra not working with DAC

(Topic created on: 08-04-2022 07:04 PM)
ces91
First Poster
Options

I recently bought a small DAC by Donner that's usb powered by phone and I can't seem to get my phone to recognize the DAC. I get a notification that says "charging connected device via usb" with other options unselectable but the DAC itself doesn't power on. it works great on my gf's iPhone and on my computer. I've tried resetting the USB permissions, I've added storage permissions to the Samsung USB-c headset app, and tried restarting the phone with the DAC plugged in. no reaction other than the notification on the status bar and the phone speakers stay on. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @ces91 ,

this may be not compatible with the S21. I would recommend getting one of our Samsung adapters from this link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/type-c-adapter-ee-uc10-ee-uc10juwegww/?merchant=17946&...

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you enabled USB De bugging via the developer options
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That said I use a Audioquest Cobalt with my Fold3 no issues
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
ces91
First Poster
Options

yes, I've tried it on and off both after restarting. no change

0 Likes
FRGus723
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my S22+Ultra. This is definitely a Samsung thing as this worked before the last update. Nope Tidal never asks to slow access to DAC because Samsung is trying to charge it and not just recognize it. Add you said, no option to change it to Audio like they had in the past

0 Likes