Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Lens protection.

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 06:04 PM)
lonebod
Explorer
Options
It looks like the plastic over the primary lense on my phone has cracked some how. NEVER had this issue with my iPhone.

Any idea how to get this repaired? How to protect this from future damage?

Really surprised this has happened as I've never had this issue with any other phone before. Looks like it's covered with cheap plastic.
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
smiley
Hotshot
Options

Sorry for the delay @tinglish 

Yes the black part has a matt finish with the lenses being very clear and nice.   I have had this on my phone for a few days, and I believe the quality of this camera protector is really good, as generally with all Spigen products.   It might be a little pricey for what you get, but for two.   And a lot less than a damaged camera which would be costly to repair.  

Smiley :smiling-face:

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
yeah I've got them now 😜,they are brilliant and complement my phone nicely, camera seems just as good as before.

cheers 👍
0 Likes
smiley
Hotshot
Options

agreed... I have taken some images and no noticeable difference. I like that it is not just a large plain glass panel and has the matt black on the areas that are not the lenses.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
yeah I was worried it would ruin the look of my phone,but it pretty much perfect.
and I can now use any case I want without having to worry about protecting the camera bump.
the case I bought 👆 is awesome it's almost like there is no case at all on my beautiful phone 😁😍
steve0
Voyager
Options

Have to checked the cost of the repair with samsung.  You would only need the back panel replaced ( worse case) . As an example for the s20 Ultra , the samsung repair site quotes £99 for replacement glass panel carried out on your doorstep by one of their mobile workshop vans

The back panel includes the lens covering 

A self repair will invalidate your samsung warranty, worth bearing in mind .

0 Likes
lonebod
Explorer
Options
Hi, it's an S21 Ultra. Looks like there's limited repair availability at the moment cause the phone is very new.
0 Likes