Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra front camera issues

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 08:14 PM)
Arj615
Student
Options

I am having this annoying problem when I use the front camera,esp in low light. Picture is showing up with lines in rainbow colors. If i turn of and on camera app, it goes away sometimes. It doesnt come up everytime. I did update softwares, cleaned up RAM and ran tests that were recomended in troubleshooting, the issue still persists.  Anybody seen similar issues?

23 REPLIES 23
JJ2003
First Poster
Options

Same here. The lines start to appear for me when I try to video chat with someone. I did all of the troubleshooting and reset my phone but is still experiencing the same issues.

I'm looking for help on this topic as well!

Tiff876
Apprentice
Options

I am currently  having the same issue.  It presents  itself when I am trying to do a video call on duo or whatsapp. It seems to not show up in the regular camera app but I will keep on looking out for it. Samsung please respond with a fix or a solution. 

Mamushi
Journeyman
Options

The temp fix:

Interesting to know it's happening in Europe too. 

The temp fix is to turn 5g off in settings or to turn on airplane mode. 

0 Likes
Mamushi
Journeyman
Options

The temp fix is to turn on airplane mode or turn off 5g. You can turn off 5g in your settings under connections>mobile networks >network mode. 

dela4220
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here, happens about 50% of the time on any front facing cam app. I thought I had been the only one having this issue, hoping a software update can fix this. Just weird how no reviews caught this issue.

Mamushi
Journeyman
Options

Most youtube reviewers and any other reviewer are not using the phone as their daily driver.  So chances are that they have not inserted a sim card into that phone when they test the cameras. Since it only happens under a data connection with 5g they probably won't see it happen.

lorchee
Explorer
Options

Same here - exynos - europe. When disabling 5G the camera is working fine. Definitly the issue is caused by 5G antennas. I am wondering if I should sent it to the warranty or wait till some updates.

Mamushi
Journeyman
Options

This is my third replacement and still the same issue. 

0 Likes
dela4220
Journeyman
Options

Sounds bad, this sounds more like a hardware issue that maybe samsung didn't notice with 5g bands