Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 overheating and slow wireless charging

(Topic created on: 09-06-2021 06:30 PM)
mmtech
Navigator
Options
My phone reaches around 40 degree within 15 min of phone use.
Same with Samsung wireless charger. After 15 min of wireless charging. Temp is 40 degrees and then extremely slow charging. It shows 2 hours 40 min for full charges but actually charges full in 5 hours. Very very bad experience.
26 REPLIES 26
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
If you have recently upgraded your phone check that all apps are upto date
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Also make sure you have cleared system cach after any update. In addition, please post your battery stats so we can see if there is a rogue app/apps causing the issue. Settings> Battery & Device Care> battery. click on graph and post a screenshot of the app usage.

0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options
It was upgraded 2 months back and I can confirm that all apps are up to date. Infact I don't have much apps. Just samsung and Google apps. Imagine what happens if I run games on s21
0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

This is 2 months old phone and haven't got any update yet. Also i have already done wipe cache partition.

There are no apps under Battery & Device care as I have not opened any apps.

• Temperature : 29.0 C.
  • Put phone on samsung 9watt wireless pad. Good Charging speed.
  • Watch after 15 min. Temp will be between 37.0 C - 40.0 C
  • Charging speed reduces to extreme slow and takes double time to full charge.

Another scenario.

1. Pick phone and do normal browsing on google.
  2. After 15 min temperature will be above 37.0 C

Is it because S21 has plastic back so heat is absorbed rather than dissipation?

0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

Third scenario

Just open settings on phone and browse through them. Phone temperature above 35.0 C in 5 min

0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Sorry mmtech but you may have to face the fact that it could be your battery or indeed your whole phone is defective. Your problems seem a little extreme. I had to have a replacement battery fitted into my S21 Ultra when it was only three months old. It had been performing brilliantly with just a little excessive heating when using the camera but this seemed to be getting better until one day the battery went bananas when charging and took out the whole display. My phone is insured with EE and they diagnosed the defective battery as being behind my blown display and repaired it and got it back to me fully repaired in a week. Do you have insurance mmtech and have you contacted your service provider etc for their advice?.. 👍 👍
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
What's your ambient room temperature where you are?
0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

25 C room temp

0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

I have bought directly from samsung and can ask for repair as its only 2 months old phone. My phone temp goes down to 29 and stays there if phone idle and screen off but if i start using it goes above 35 easily within 5-10 min.

What is your phone's ideal temp ?

And till what level temperature goes when you use it normally for 5-10 min?

0 Likes