Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 battery

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 09:02 PM)
Dead_Pixels
Explorer
Options

After the software update on Monday 8th,my battery drains really fast anyone else have this problem,it was really good before that..

59 REPLIES 59
HorasCZ
Explorer
Options

Me too. Before the update if was fine...

Dead_Pixels
Explorer
Options

What phone? I'm talking about s21 ,ultra and plus are bigger battery so no comparison!!

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
OK I have the 16GB ultra.
Hopefully it will settle down or a software update will fix the issue.
0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options

I cant really say about the camera but my battery life is better

0 Likes
Xeratulno
Student
Options

Normal S21. I have disabled Chrome as I see it used 18% battery for 28minutes of use. But maybe all apps use more power after update, as I see now Samsung Browser used 7,9% for 14min use. Not much better than chrome

0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options

What you should do is disable background usage, I have only my weather app that can use battery anytime rest all are sleeping or deep sleeping apps

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

I was also finding this worsened battery, and following AUB3 update my battery wasn't lasting a full day.  

Having read quite a few posts on this subject, last night i decided to do a full factory reset of my phone... back to a brand new clean install.   I have read a lot of info from others, and those that have the best battery life seem to have been very clean in their S21 Ultra setup.  

By clean, I mean NOT using the sync app Smartswitch... and only installing relevant things such as contacts and calendar can be taken from Google account data.

It is a bit of a pain to go back to the very start, but it can be a good spring clean.   

When I originally got my S21 ultra on 28th Jan, I did a bit of uninstalling my old apps that i didn't want, and then i synchronised using smartswitch.  I synchronised contacts, calendar, messages, apps and everything that i felt was necessary for my new phone.

To do a clean install... I wrote a list first of the essential apps I needed back, and then prepared to do a google sync of my contacts and calendar.  

I then performed a factory reset, and then let the phone go through it's own update process of android etc... which took a while.  The phone now looks completely different with OneUI3.1 and without syncing my old settings and apps. 

The phone response time is noticeably quicker... and it is currently going through the battery optimising again.   I have installed all the apps I want again, all individually from the App store.   This is a bit of a pain, but I have skipped a load of the un-needed previous apps... i.e. easyjet, Tui, tripadvisor (no-one is going anywhere :smiling-face: ), loads of old games i likely won't play again... and that kind of thing... I am only installing banking apps... music and TV apps, newer games,  and the kind of things i need right now for work, finance, TV and music. 

Actually, some of these apps that have been re-installed now look completely different and have a new updated UI look to them...  than how they looked beforehand when I synchronised my apps. 

I now think that some of these apps have caused some incompatibility issues with OneUI3.1 and Android 11.  

Anyway, time will tell, but I think my battery looks massively better today, although it is still optimising again, so I will know more in a few days.  

Today i unplugged my phone at 7:00 to start work... it is now 13:00 and I still have 83% battery.  Things seem to have improved considerably.   I haven't used much SOT today but the early signs look promising. 

If you have the time and the inclination, then I would recommend a factory reset with the new software version and without synchronising old settings and apps from earlier generations of phone. 

Kind Regards

Smiley 😀 

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
HorasCZ
Explorer
Options

I used Smartswitch only for contacts and messages. Do you think doing factory reset worth it?

0 Likes
Stevar77
Explorer
Options

Same here, s21 exynos before update had 48 hours battery life with low use, after AUB3 update 30 hours. Today after full charge drained 5% in 1 hour in standby screen off.

0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
that's very impressive. is that without using the camera at all?
0 Likes