Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently (in gallery)

(Topic created on: 22-12-2022 05:45 PM)
R0M
Journeyman
Options
I have a S21+ in my gallery since a previous update I'm now seeing 'recents' so I'm looking at the same pic / vid twice..?? As the pic/vid is in my camera folder too...What's the point of that ? Also, if I delete a pic/vid in recent does it get deleted in my camera pics folder also ??
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
keith30
Maestro
Options
Only way to find out is to take a pic and then delete it and see if both are deleted.
0 Likes
R0M
Journeyman
Options
Hi Keith..yes it does delete in recent & gallery, I'm just puzzled as to why Samsung on a recent update added this feature...& am I missing whatever the point of it is...it does collect all pics from Instagram & WhatsApp...??
0 Likes
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
Recent is a shortcut link to the original file. It just orders them chronologically.
0 Likes
R0M
Journeyman
Options
Hi, yes I get that, but you could do that in gallery with the sort option...am I missing something..& what's the point of it.. ?
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Recent folder is just so you can find picture easier as @keith30 said. I find it very helpful and appreciate not everyone likes it.

How and why third party apps and why they save them is something you can change in those apps. If you don't like that go speak to the third party apps. I like that they save my pics again this is a personal choice

Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
For quickness I guess.
0 Likes
donks11
First Poster
Options
Absolutely pointless and annoying update. Get rid of recent and favourite folder..... if I wanted a favourite folder I'd create one. The latest update should be withdrawn and put back to previous. RUBBISH!