Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with charging

(Topic created on: 12-10-2021 11:54 AM)
K071
First Poster
Options
Spoiler
Hello, currently having trouble with my Samsung S21 charging.. I have a fast charger and it used to FULLY charge in 1 hr 30 min. One day though I looked at my phone and suddenly it became 6 hrs to fully charge with the fast charger.. and 30 hours without the fast charger.. Phone didnt get wet and I've tried multiple chargers/boxes/wires... Does anyone know how to fix this?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@K071 Hello, try this: go to Applications and click on the area marked in the screenshot, activate Show system applications and accept. Find the USB settings app and clear the cache and data in Storage, restart the phone and check again. Greetings.

apps sistema ingles.jpeg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
K071
First Poster
Options

Just tried this. It wasn't able to fix the issue. 

Additional information : when i plug my phone in (66%) it'll show a charge time of about 2 hours then a second passes and it changes to 11 hours. Not sure if that helps identify the cause.. 

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@K071 Hello, last resort is to reset factory values and cross your fingers. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@K071: Are you charging via a wall socket using a plug adapter and USB cable? If so, try powering off your Galaxy S21 and connecting it to your charger to see if this helps. If the issue persists, head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > More Battery Settings, and make sure that Super Fast Charging is toggled on. To further troubleshoot the issue, press and hold on the Samsung Members app icon > Diagnostics > Cable Charging, and follow the on screen prompts. Does this return any errors? 

0 Likes
K071
First Poster
Options

I am using one of those Adaptive Fast Charging chargers for Samsung and I have tried different boxes and wires (the not fast charging ones take longer.. sometimes like 25h). I have made sure that Super Fast charging is on as well (tried it with fast charging on and super fast.. tried the combination where its both on.. one or the other on..). I've also tried charging on Safe mode.. the diagnostics for cable charging does not return any errors. It does however say "Charging speed: Normal; Time until fully charged: 13hr 9min; Cable charging is working normally." when my phone is on 60%.. That's most definitely not normal. 

0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
What wattage is your super fast charger? The S21 Ultra has a maximum charge of 25W and trying to charge it on anything higher than this will result in slower charge rates(got that from a YouTube video)
0 Likes
K071
First Poster
Options

I  am using the same charger that i used back when it charged to 100% in 1.30h. I have two of the same boxes and wires.. Either way any decrease or increase in wattage shouldnt result in a full 7-30h time to charge yknow..

0 Likes
rdomak
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem and I'm sure that it's a ***** software glitch after an update. I can barely charge maybe 20-25% during all night charging with the previously used chargers at home. Also my power bank and my different car chargers stopped charging with any acceptable speeds. I tried also to replace cables - no help from that. The only charger that works is a 65W laptop charger. 

I tried all tricks I've found on the internet: I started the phone in recovery mode and emptied the phone cache, I did the below mentioned trick to clear the USB settings cache and I tried a few times to empty the phone completely and then charge again full to maybe recalibrate the battery. Also I cleaned the charging port with alcohol. 

I hope Samsung reads it and delivers a quick fix, otherwise this phone is bricked. 
My previous phone, an S10e had also battery issues in less than 2 years... it just started to charge and get empty very erratically and finally I couldn't turn it on anymore. As I still had a warranty I took it to the repair shop but they said that the issue not not a warranty problem (they never told what is it) and it needs 400 EUR (!) to fix it. So I got a new phone and it barely worked for 4 months and now acting up. 
It was my last Samsung if they won't fix it asap. 

0 Likes