First Poster
Options
How do i get this beta program 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If your phone is eligible for the Beta software, you will find it in the notices section on the Members App
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Sign up notification banner will show in this app (Samsung Members) if your device is eligible.
It is only available for unlocked devices ie. SIM free, factory unlocked handsets purchased direct from Samsung or resellers and not from service providers.
0 Likes
daz17708
First Poster
Options
How would i know if my phones available for it
0 Likes
daz17708
First Poster
Options
My device is unlocked
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you look at the service provider software version.
The code on the end will have something like EUX.
If you go into settings. Down the bottom tap on About Phone
Then tap on software information
You will see service provider software version
Normally last few letters say if its service provider supplied or unlocked manufacturer supplied
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
As Glenntech's put, the code at the end of the Service Provider version will identify if your handset is eligible. If you post the code or end of it on here then one of us will let you know either way.
0 Likes
daz17708
First Poster
Options
Yeah it says Screenshot_20220831-225607_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
The 'EVR' at the end is the CSC network code prefix for 'EE' so your handset originated on / was supplied by EE and is running their network Firmware version. It's therefore not an unlocked device and wouldn't be eligible for the Beta programme, sorry! It will be a matter of waiting for the official release of OneUI 5 and for the EE variant Firmware being pushed out OTA.

There's a lot of confusion about the term 'unlocked'. For Beta purposes then it's not relating to a device being unlocked to take any providers SIM card (a network unlock) but actually refers to the handset's Firmware version being generic / unbranded and the device being classed as 'factory unlocked SIM Free'.