Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound when using screen recorder

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 09:42 AM)
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options
I have started encountering an issue recently with screen recording. Basically as soon as the recording starts, the audio goes off and there is still no volume on playback either. This didnt used to happen. Media and mic are ticked as usual. Anybody have a fix? 
9 REPLIES 9
AshP_
Options

This certainly sounds odd, @LarryPilkington, I recommend having a go at disabling 'Media and mic' and then performing a soft reset on your phone (press your Side and Volume Down keys together until you see the Samsung logo). When your phone reboots, head back to the screen recorder settings and re-enable 'Media and mic' to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options
No thats not worked. It never used to do this. Used to work fine. I haven't changed any settings. All permissions are enabled and media and mic are ticked. This is so annoying. As soon as the countdown thing gets to zero and it starts recording, the sound goes off. How do I raise this with samsung support?
0 Likes
AshP_
Options

@LarryPilkington Thank you for giving those steps a go. I recommend submitting an Error report to allow our Software Team to investigate this issue further for you. To submit a report:

1. Head to the Support section of the Samsung Members app.
  2. Error reports.
  3. Select your symptom.
  4. Include a detailed description of the issue and provide example screen recordings if possible (tap the paper clip icon in the top right to attach these).
  5. Ensure 'Send system log data' is ticked.
  6. Send.
  7. Keep the Members app open in the background whilst your logs are being generated.

Your report will then be reviewed and you'll receive a response with a solution via the Members app.

0 Likes
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options
Im getting this message pop up when I click on error reports. What do I do? Ive gone to background usage limits (under battery) and toggled off but still the same message comes up when I click on error reports Screenshot_20221202_162049_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@LarryPilkington: When you head to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Background usage limits, have you checked the Sleeping and Deep Sleeping apps categories to see if the Members app is listed here? If it is, tap the 3 dots in the top right of the relevant category > Remove > Tap on Samsung Members, then hit Remove at the bottom of the screen. 

0 Likes
teryor77
First Poster
Options
I am having same issues since December and its not been solved even as I type
Neera
First Poster
Options

I think this happens due to the "do not disturb mode" coming on automatically when starting a screen recording. If "do not disturb" is off then I can record the screen with media sound.

I don't know when it started doing that or how to turn off that it goes into "do not disturb" automatically when the screen recorder is activated.  

Riannon
Student
Options

Had this same issue and thanks to @Neera for pointing out do not disturb comes on automatically whilst recording, it made me realise i had the same issue. To fix it, I went to the samsung goodlocks app, clicked life up and then nice shot. From there I was given the option whether to have do not disturb on during screen recording or not. The toggle was on so I turned it off and the problem was fixed. Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Riannon
Student
Options

Had this same issue and thanks to @Neera for pointing out do not disturb comes on automatically whilst recording, it made me realise i had the same issue. To fix it, I went to the samsung goodlocks app, clicked life up and then nice shot. From there I was given the option whether to have do not disturb on during screen recording or not. The toggle was on so I turned it off and the problem was fixed. Hope that helps.

0 Likes