Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No Samsung Pay, no updates, stuck with EUX European CSC

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 12:20 AM)
GMScribe
Journeyman
Options

I just received my S21 Ultra today and found that Samsung Pay displayed messages in German and would not work. Upon investigation it appears to be locked on the EUX CSC instead of BTU and as a result I also don't receive firmware updates.

Reading around, it appears Italy had a similar issue requiring a last-minute firmware push to resolve. I've also read that this can happen if you turn your phone on for the first time without a sim card already inserted.

I can't find any way to change the CSC, previous mechanisms pre Android 11 no longer work and I've tried factory resets etc to no avail.

Am I alone in this?

Go to solution
156 REPLIES 156
techwrangler
Journeyman
Options

Brand new A52 5G with same issue, received on Thursday (UK)

Made the mistake of booting it without a SIM in, switched it off, charged it and put a sim in, got the service provider config failed message and stuck on EUX (using the MVNO giffgaff)

Took SIM out, factory reset and cannot update either via Smart Switch or directly.

Just moved from an A40 (also purchased from Samsung last year) 

Trying  ' suggestion of a SIM reprovision, sent a message off asking them to do iit, will see what that does if anything.

0 Likes
R081N5M1TH
First Poster
Options

Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

SM-G998B/DS

SAOMC_SM-G998B_OXM_EUX_RR_0004EUX/EUX,EUX/EUX

SAMSUNG

VIRGIN

Hello, tried the mention fix and didnt work for me. literally set it up on just wifi first time, sim 2nd time and still stuck with the same settings each time

0 Likes
Sam Alexander
First Poster
Options

Dear I am on the same boat , I tried many frimware CSC using via Odin reaming booting same eux CSC code only shows , any one find a solution for get ride eux CSC?

0 Likes
techwrangler
Journeyman
Options

Try the fix suggested to me for the same issue with an A52 5G, it worked for me 

Solved: Re: New a52 5G, can't get updates, stuck on EUX software version - Samsung Community

Kong82
Navigator
Options

Hey guys, I'm having similar problems that all of you. I'm from Spain and cannot set up properly Samsung pay as it is detected as a German device, so cannot add my credit cards and therefore using it.

Did you find any solution for your issues?

Thanks a lot!

MohammadR
First Poster
Options

Same problem here in Switzerland. Galaxy S21 5G on EUX, no solution worked yet.

DVNEAngeal
First Poster
Options

I seem to have still same issue, after SIM reinstallation an update indeed happened. but Samsung Pay still not available and not even showing as an app anywhere, not finding in Play Store.
Device: s22 ultra 

0 Likes