Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Fw updates for MID since May!

(Topic created on: 17-07-2021 06:10 PM)
Jeffiscool
Pioneer
Options

It looks like Samsung forgot about the MID version of S21U for software updates for the last 2 months

I bought the s21u from the official reseller in Lebanon with MID Iraq code, the last update I got was from May

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unless you are living in that area you won't get an OTA update. Try Smart Switch for PC.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Looks like it is not just the Iraq, CSC MID, that Samsung has forgotten... Egypt, EGY, is also still on the May, AUE1, update. 

Libya, on CSC code BTC, has received no updates since AUB9, back in February!!!

However, Lebanon on CSC ILP, has received the latest AUG4 update for July. See...

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s21-ultra/firmware/SM-G998B/ILP/download/G998BXXU3AUG4/1561...

Also, Turkey, TUR...

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s21-ultra/firmware/SM-G998B/TUR/download/G998BXXU3AUG4/1561...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wow. I blame it on Covid!
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I might be more inclined to blame it on those particular countries official telecommunications bodies for authorisation. 😉

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Jeffiscool
Pioneer
Options

Which is weird because I am in Lebanon and bought the phone with official Lebanese warranty (given by the official Lebanese dealer) but it's MID, never encountered an ILP unit. Perhaps Samsung korea is not aware?  They should talk to Samsung Levant which is managing the region

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Strange that you were sold a phone with a CSC code not intended for your location!

Contact your vendor and query this with them.

Far be it for me to suggest downloading the Lebanon, (ILP), firmware and installing it manually via Odin, as shown in my earlier link, as the Mod's on here might frown on that. 😉

0 Likes
Jeffiscool
Pioneer
Options

Just chatted with Samsung Levant, they said MID is normal in Lebanon because it covers the Levant area (Iraq, Jordan and Lebanon) 

0 Likes
Amir Khashayar
First Poster
Options

Same problem, it's very disappointing

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Sit and wait or install Lebanon.

The choice is yours. 😁