Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious Network issue heeeelp

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 02:07 PM)
Hop2013
Apprentice
Options

Solved ***** Hi, since 16 May I can no longer call or receive calls or access data on my s21ultra when I am in a certain area around my house. It works perfectly fine when I am in another area. My provider says everything is fine and when I put my sim in my huawei it works. My phone's antenna was checked and seems ok, when I put another sim card from another provider it doesn't work either so it MUST be something in the parameters that's gone wrong. But what ?!? Help me please...

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Hop2013
Apprentice
Options

I cannot register to any network, even manually

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Hop2013: Is the issue only occurring when you're in that particular location in your house, or do you encounter it elsewhere? When it next occurs, try removing any cases or covers on the device to see if this helps. Also, press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts to address any software issues that might be a contributing factor. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. You may also wish to try heading to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings, although please be aware that this will also reset your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Mobile Data settings. 

0 Likes
Hop2013
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, did all of those things several times 😩 and yes, it only happens in the area of my house (but I haven't tried many locations, I just know that everything is normaml when I'm 300m away)

0 Likes
Hop2013
Apprentice
Options

This phone is doomed. It's been nothing but trouble since the beginning, I hate it with all my soul. NEVER EVER Samsung again. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Hop2013: I can completely understand your frustration. If your mobile network signal is fine in all other locations, then this does suggest that there is a network black spot in your house that is causing the signal to drop. For clarity, do you get a white circle with a line through it in your Status Bar, where your signal bars should be? Alternatively, do you get any notifications that you're not connected to a network? Next time the issue occurs, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom and toggle Flight Mode on, then off again to see if this helps. I understand that you haven't experienced the issue while using the same SIM in another device, however I do encourage you to continue to troubleshoot the problem, especially if it is limited to a certain location. 

0 Likes
Hop2013
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. Yes I do get the circle with a bar and notifications. I'll try the flight mode again although I also did that repeatedly 😔 so fed up with all this s*it

0 Likes
Hop2013
Apprentice
Options

Just did, no results. Also, it's only a blackspot for Samsung because my son's iPhone is doing fine and so is my Huawei

0 Likes