Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lockscreen/smartlock headache

(Topic created on: 30-01-2022 04:11 PM)
S716
First Poster
Options

Am I missing the option to disable the lock screen while also, keeping stored fingerprints for signing into secure apps?

The lock screen, for me, is completely unnecessary. Swiping, fingerprint, and facial recognition are each time consuming steps that I have zero want or need for. However, I would like to save time and avoid typing lengthy logons by using fingerprints to login to secure apps.

Is there a workaround for this aggravating default? Because wow, Smartlock is just...broken.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@S716: If you don't want to use Biometrics on your Lock Screen, or you want to disable the Lock Screen security completely, then please head to Settings > Lock Screen > Screen Lock Type > Enter your current PIN, Pattern or Password. From here, select Swipe or None, and toggle off Face and Fingerprints at the bottom of the screen. 

Smart Lock keeps the phone unlocked under certain conditions, however you do need to register a Lock Screen Type in order to use it. As an alternative approach, head to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Samsung Pass, as this allows you to use Biometrics to verify your identity on supported apps. I hope this helps. 

What is Samsung Pass and how do I use it? | Samsung UK