Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lagging when loading keyboard

(Topic created on: 12-05-2022 10:21 AM)
StriderJacksón
First Poster
Options
After clearing chache, restarting my phone, clearing history on web browsers and such, I'm still having issues and can't find anything online. 

Whenever I swap apps (i.e, jump from WhatsApp to TikTok) to type anything I have to wait 5-10 seconds before my keyboard will let me type anything where as it used to be instant and it's driving me crazy!! 

It is not limited to any one app, it's all of them. I've tried clearing the cache to my kayboard and even swapping from GBoard to Samsung Keyboard, but still no luck. 

I've gone through settings and tested device health too. My phone isn't even a year old 😞 
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have switched to Google Gboard as the last CVDD update made my Samsung keyboard unusable especially with regards to auto correct and stuff.

You can either wait for the June update or swap the keyboard and see if it helps .
0 Likes
Grinninggooner
First Poster
Options
Have had and solved that problem many times, it's a common problem on most off the galaxy range and probably others. Most solutions will say do what you mention above, but that has never worked when I have had the problem.
The problem is caused by an app normally after a update but can happen anytime. Ignore apps that come preinstalled on phone, but what you will need to do is delete one 3rd party app at a time, then check keyboard for lagging if no different re install app and move to the next,. Best start with last app installed. When you find the app causing problem you can try installing again as app may have been updated, if still causing problems just remove.
Samsung fix apps does not work. Bit off ball ache and can take time but it 100% will be the issue.
0 Likes