Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

s10 keyboad and navigation lagging

(Topic created on: 02-07-2019 08:52 AM)
12103 Views
kebaltaci
Journeyman
Options
Hi there, After my Galaxy S10 Plus was updated to newest June firmware, I have annoying problem with the keyboard (all kind of keyboard: samsung, google, swipe,…). When I unlock the phone, and immediately (within 1 – 2 seconds after unlocking) type words, the keyboard lags and takes 2 – 3 seconds to appear. For specific situation, when I am on chat screen, the keyboard is showing up, and then I turn off screen. After the phone is unlocked, the screen is still on chat screen, but keyboard doesn’t show up (like it is forced to disappear when the phone is locked). After that, when I immediately click to input words to continue chatting, the keyboard takes times to appear and shows some lagging. It doesn’t happen when I wait a little bit after unlocking phone, or when I use phone for a while. I didn’t met this problem before. I tried several methods like hard reset, clear cache data, etc, but it is ineffective.
also the navigation buttons dont response for 1-2 seconds after wake up. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you so much.

1 Solution


Accepted Solutions
Solution
kebaltaci
Journeyman
Options

master reset solved the problem everything is fine now

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

@kebaltaci wrote:
Hi there, After my Galaxy S10 Plus was updated to newest June firmware, I have annoying problem with the keyboard (all kind of keyboard: samsung, google, swipe,…). When I unlock the phone, and immediately (within 1 – 2 seconds after unlocking) type words, the keyboard lags and takes 2 – 3 seconds to appear. For specific situation, when I am on chat screen, the keyboard is showing up, and then I turn off screen. After the phone is unlocked, the screen is still on chat screen, but keyboard doesn’t show up (like it is forced to disappear when the phone is locked). After that, when I immediately click to input words to continue chatting, the keyboard takes times to appear and shows some lagging. It doesn’t happen when I wait a little bit after unlocking phone, or when I use phone for a while. I didn’t met this problem before. I tried several methods like hard reset, clear cache data, etc, but it is ineffective.
also the navigation buttons dont response for 1-2 seconds after wake up. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you so much.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey&hl=en_US  better keyboard. FREE/Wont hurt to give it a go. cheers.

 

0 Likes
kebaltaci
Journeyman
Options

hi @StellarTraveler i am already use swift keyboard and it just started to happen after update. stock or swift or keyboards and navigation buttons dont respond for 1-3 seconds :(. after i force reboot phone its temprorarily gone but after a while problem occurs

0 Likes
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

@kebaltaci wrote:

hi @StellarTraveler i am already use swift keyboard and it just started to happen after update. stock or swift or keyboards and navigation buttons dont respond for 1-3 seconds :(. after i force reboot phone its temprorarily gone but after a while problem occurs


2 choices.

master reset, or RMA it with samsung for warranty repair. 2 week turnaround.

0 Likes
kebaltaci
Journeyman
Options

i try master reset now the phone recovering i will let you guys know when the shole backup process finished

0 Likes
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

@kebaltaci wrote:

i try master reset now the phone recovering i will let you guys know when the shole backup process finished


Will do. and cheers to your day when successful.

0 Likes
Solution
kebaltaci
Journeyman
Options

master reset solved the problem everything is fine now

StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

@kebaltaci wrote:

master reset solved the problem everything is fine now


cheers to your success mate.

0 Likes