Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after August 2022 security patch

(Topic created on: 11-09-2022 08:32 PM)
San07
First Poster
Options
Hi there, 

My phone (S21 Ultra) keeps on crashing or restarting a few times a day since I have installed the latest security patch (August security patch) couple of days back.
All app and android version are upto date. 

Do we know if there is solution for this? Can I revert to previous version of the software? Or, any other suggestions on how can I resolve this?

Thanks. 
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, firstly try clearing the cache partition. If that doesn't help back up all your important files & do a factory reset.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @San07 

Unfortunately you cannot revert to the previous software via the phone's native settings. Once the update is accepted thats it.

The only other avenue can leave the phone unstable if performed incorrectly so I wouldn't recommend to try that.

More information is on xdadevelopers.com 

Try the Clear System Partition Section Cache Files wipe as mentioned > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

And try Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Before you look at the very last resort of backing up.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "