Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIYA spam call management software

(Topic created on: 30-12-2021 11:31 AM)
Tev01
Student
Options
I have a S21 and believe that Samsung phones use HIYA software to screen my incoming telephone calls. But I can't find anything about HIYA on my phone.
If I install the HIYA App it wants payment to use it. 
So can anyone tell me if HIYA is installed on S21 phones?
6 REPLIES 6
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try clicking on your phone icon
Then click the three Horizontal dot's
Then settings
Caller ID and spam protection
Block spam and scam calls
Block all spam spam calls
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
It's sort of built in reallyScreenshot_20211230-153034_Call settings.jpg
Kornizz
Pioneer
Options
You dont need to download hiya app. HIYA service is built in in the phone. It automaticaly detects spam calls.
Jannaman
First Poster
Options

Like the op there is no 

caller id and spam protection line on my Galaxy S21 FE Where else can I locate it? 

0 Likes
MichaelGK
Apprentice
Options

Some regions/CSC won't have caller ID, same as Samsung Pay and Call Recording

MichaelGK
0 Likes
Samekura
Student
Options

Be forewarned; within Hiya's Privacy Agreement (that you HAVE TO agree with even to access/ use Caller ID) it clearly states that they are also and Advertising Service provider.  Shame on Samsung on selling its own customers out like this.  Bad enough that Facebook services, while "dormant", is already embedded in the OS/UI.   That is a 3rd Party app function.   However, Hiya is built-in the UI and is required to access a native cellphone function.  Currently trying to discover a method to bypass making that agreement just to access native Caller ID function.  Must be a network code that you put in the dialer to bypass.  By the way, Supplementary Services Caller ID settings makes no change.

0 Likes