Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having music playback problems with the current update (March 29)

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 06:17 PM)
Skirtap
Apprentice
Options

Bought S21 Ultra a month ago. I've been playing music with no problems during that whole month. After the update that I was recently offered to install, eventually, after listening to like 10 songs, the music audio just is not working, even though the app still shows that the music keeps on playing. I'm using Samsung Music app. I use a bluetooth speaker. I tried to turn it off and try whether this bug appears on my phone speakers, and it does, they only fix so far is to restart the phone. Reinstalling the app does NOT work. Eventually after playing a few songs the same bug appears, so I have to restart the brand new phone all the time. I don't know if it's the new update problem, but I didn't have such a bug before I installed the update.

7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@Skirtap: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Have you noticed if the music stops playing under any particular conditions e.g. when the phone goes idle, or is it random? As a troubleshooting step, please head to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Separate App Sound > Turn On Now > App > Samsung Music > Audio Device > Select your speaker. Does the issue persist with this setting in place? If so, head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Background Usage Limits, and make sure that Samsung Music is not limited in any way. 

0 Likes
Skirtap
Apprentice
Options

The music audio stop always has happened after a song ends. For example, I was waiting for the next song to start, but for some reason nothing was played back for like 30 seconds after the last song had ended, so I turned on the phone to check what's going on. I open the app and see that the song is playing, but there's no sound, I try to select a different song, and there is still no sound, so I have no choice but to restart the phone.

I'll try out the suggestions of yours, thank you.

0 Likes
Maseflight
Apprentice
Options
I have a very similar issue. My music stops randomly but I,very noticed if you alter the volume on either the phone or the blue tooth device it will play again for a short time. Very annoying and makes the phone near useless in the car and for listening to music. Didn't do this when I first got it and my other Samsung A20 or the S8 that I replaced with the s21 ultra doesn't do it either. Please fix
Krevo
First Poster
Options

Thanks Andrew, I just got the S21 Ultra, and I was having bluetooth playback issues in my ride. The separate app sound suggestion fixed my issue with the playback on the Samsung Music app. I just had to add it on the list and select the bluetooth option.

Cheers!

0 Likes
CornfieldC
First Poster
Options
Similar issue for me with s21 plus
0 Likes
Members_Z70CJTD
First Poster
Options

It worked!. I had the same issue, and since I was having SIM card problems on my A71, I thought my phone broke. Thanks!

0 Likes
sk8nzebra
First Poster
Options

Following!  I am having the same issue and have to restart the phone to get it to STOP!

0 Likes