Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gps issue

(Topic created on: 12-01-2022 05:10 PM)
JoSwi
Student
Options
I've googled and searched everywhere for a fix for this but can't seem to find anything that resolves my issue.
The GPS seems to drop out all the time. If I'm out walking using Google maps, the GPS has me facing the wrong way making it impossible to use the phone for navigation. When I'm driving "GPS signal lost" is displayed majority of the journey making it again impossible to use for navigation. 
This is an issue that's only occured over the last few months. When I first bought the phone, at release, it worked fine.
Has anyone managed to find a resolution to fix this. 
I've factory reset, removed sim card, calibrated the compass (which works initially for a few minutes and then returns to being out of calibration as quickly) checked the sensors which all appear fine and used the diagnostic check on Samsung members app. 
Please help.
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try reset Network

Go settings
General management
Reset

Reset Network settings

And see if
helps solve your issue

Also try
Settings
Apps
Google maps
And clear the cache
And see if that helps
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi all of my phones do this with maps unless you enter a route.
0 Likes
MorineDaniel
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem here on my S21 5G. Even factory reset TWICE didn't work. It is clearly is a update issue. Many other user are experiencing the same.

0 Likes
MorineDaniel
Explorer
Options

Friend, try to download Sygic from Play Store. After using the app for a while inexplicably my GPS is working again. To check if it is working correctly, turn off Google Accuracy Location and try locate on Maps or other application. 

0 Likes