Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Store Anomaly

(Topic created on: 22-12-2022 07:54 PM)
jvk
Voyager
Options
Hi,

Can anyone throw any light on why Google System Update seems to be so out of date for my S21 Ultra in UK please? Play Store says it is latest version but it seems not? I'd love to be able to attach relevant screenshot(s) but can't seem to get it to work! Any help, greatly appreciated 🙏 

18 REPLIES 18
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My S22 Ultra is still on 1st July
I'm guessing the newer playstore software updates don't apply to all phones and 1st July is the latest for my phone.
I'm sure another update will be out at some point
AndrewL
Options

@jvk: While connected to a stable Wi-Fi router, please head to Settings > About phone > Software information, and tap on Google Play system update to search for any available updates here. Alternatively, head to Settings > Biometrics and security > Google Play system update. If an update isn't available then don't worry, as your phone will automatically download and install the latest update when it becomes available. 

FastLaneJB
Journeyman
Options
Interesting. Had an issue with my Fold 4 and decided to wipe it as I'd a ton of ***** on also. It's on December 1st security update but Google Play Services is 1st July. I click on it and tells me there's an update first time, reboots phone but says on July 1st. Then trying again says I'm all up to date.

I swear before I wiped it that it was on a December Update of Play Services.

Cannot get my work email working on July 1st version... sigh
FastLaneJB
Journeyman
Options
Maybe I'm going mad then. Sure it was on a much newer one before I cleared it out 😞
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I am in  the same position on my S21 Ultra and have regularly checked for updates, not unduely concerned.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
They have confirmed it's normal. It will update eventually.
Mine is July as well in UK.
They update it at certain time.

I'll update if I can find the post.
aBitaBinary
Journeyman
Options
Exactly the same happened to me with S21 Ultra in UK. Before I did a Hard Reset mine took the latest SW update which includes the December PS Security Update, yet even that didn't solve the issue !!!

There is a lot of Internet talk about this issue and its a serious issue which needs to be sorted. There are many known flaws, hence the update
0 Likes
aBitaBinary
Journeyman
Options
Same here, but it IS a concern ! This needs sorting ASAP
0 Likes
aBitaBinary
Journeyman
Options
Hope you do but, we never received the October update, never mind December. It's deffo NOT normal
0 Likes