What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery closing

(Topic created on: 29-01-2022 10:26 AM)
Options
Since updating to android 12 when I open the gallery and start scrolling it crashes time and time again...anyone else having these issues 
17 REPLIES 17
KholaI
Options

Hey @eyeintheskyswdrone 

That's unusual, but I'd like you to try a few steps to get it working again. To begin with, head into Settings > Apps > Gallery > Storage > Clear cache. If this doesn't help, I'd like you to perform a Soft Reset by holding the Power and Volume Down buttons for around 10 seconds. It won't delete any personal data, but it will reboot your phone.

Options
Yeah I've done that but it's still constantly doing it..
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@eyeintheskyswdrone

Ive updated to Android 12 and my Gallery is working fine. 

Can you please try https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
No I anit facing this issue
AndrewL
Options

@eyeintheskyswdrone: Can you try opening the Gallery app > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Settings > Full Screen Scrolling, and enable this feature to see if this helps? If it is already enabled, toggle it off to see if you notice an improvement. Now, head to Settings > Display > Motion Smoothness > Adaptive > Apply. Let me know how you get on. 

Options
Ok I've just done that, I will see what happens
0 Likes
Options
Hello all thanks dot all your help and advice, I'm pleased to say that it is all sorted now...
0 Likes
FlyHigh111
Apprentice
Options

How?   i.e. what worked?

I have tried:

1. Soft reset (restart)

2. Deleted Gallery cache.  Deleted Gallery data

3. Uninstalled/reinstalled  'Android System WebView' (with updates)

4. Deleted system cache ('Wipe Cache Partition' using Recovery Mode)

5. Toggled  'Full Screen Scrolling'  i.e. Enable/Disable

6. Booted to Safe Mode. Tried from there.  Gallery crashes exactly the same as when not in Safe Mode.

7. My phone, S10+ running Android 12 doesn't show:  Settings > Display > Motion Smoothness > Adaptive >  so I can't do that.

Nothing works.

Gallery crashes as soon as I scroll.  If I scroll *really* slowly, I can extend the time until it crashes, but it will still always have crashed by the time I try to sneak back to the images I want, January 2021.

I'm out of options, short of a hard reset, which I'm trying to avoid having to do.

Thanks.

0 Likes
s10e_User
First Poster
Options
Did you find the solution?
I have tried the same list without success. I have a s10e.
Based on your username and the OP username could it be related to a DJI application? I have DJI fly installed. I might try removing and seeing if it solved our problem.
0 Likes