AliIbrahim
Pioneer
Options
Check this out...

18 REPLIES 18
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
It is clear that the video quality of the Exynos toting S21 ultra is almost so inferior than that of the Snapdragon version that it is verging on criminal that we in Exynos only markets are paying the same relatively speaking for our phones as buyers in the Snapdragon only markets are. We are being ripped off. My four year old S7 edge shoots better quality low light 60fps video than my new Exynos S21 ultra. It really is so poor when it has the hardware to be amazing. If Samsung can't sort this out then people will be sending their S21's back en mass or just not buying the phone after watching reviews like this one. Samsungs in house chip credibility now depends on solving this problem as quickly as possible. I have always been a diehard Samsung fan but this issue is really testing my allegiance.
AliIbrahim
Pioneer
Options
I tried sending my phone back they keep ignoring calls. but they hassle me to send in my trade in phone... I honestly may well stick to my s9plus...3 software updates that made no difference and were all for camera performance fixes...which do nothing!
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
That sounds like a grim situation for you Alilbrahim. Buying on contract in the UK means that we get a 2 week cooling off period wherein we can cancel the contract and send the phone back but I am now outside this cooling off period as I was convinced Samsung could solve the video problems with updates but now I am getting a little concerned and angry. Let's hope that this issue can get sorted mate as the rest of the phone is brilliant in every way in my opinion. Truly. Good luck with your situation Alilbrahim. πŸ‘
AliIbrahim
Pioneer
Options
I bought the phone outright, but I was the same waiting for updates...but if the phones not up to par I'm sure we can return it passed that window for falsifying how good the camera was and how different the different chipsets are even though they're advertised as the same
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
If many people start returning phones Alilbrahim let's hope that Samsung don't get awkward and dig their heels in and make us buyers sweat blood before they even consider our grievances hoping that people lose the will to fight if they do this. All they have to do is get the software right. This is not rocket science is it Alilbrahim?. Samsung have some great minds working for them. They need to prove their worth over this one. I still feel they will. The sooner the better though.πŸ‘
Vetri
Voyager
Options
we need more likes for posts like this to get attention from the concerned people
K Dimov
Voyager
Options

I have to join here as well. FHD@60fps and quality is way worse compared to my Note8! Like what the heck?!?! I am past my cooling off period so cant return and cancel my contract which is bad enough being stuck with their sh1tty Crapsynos. So not only the video, but switching between x3 and x10 zoom is also screwed. You can clearly see the zoom being digital like 90% of the time! I kept holding off and only bought it based on some YT reviews. ***** them reviewers were definitely paid by Samdung. And yes, I am pissed because the camera was a major selling point for me.

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
Vetri
Voyager
Options
yup I have been comparing it to S8 and it looks better with less stutters on my s8. the only improvement I see with 21U is dynamic range
JR28
Journeyman
Options

I'm sending my S21+ back because the video camera is super blurry and grainy (epecially in low/indoor lighting on all lenses/settings) which is unacceptable for a 2021 phone costing Β£999 and considering my S20+ is MUCH better when it comes to video on any lense. Furthermore, what's also bad is the fact I can't use the flash on the ultrawide but I could on the S20+ and they even have the audacity to remove the SD card, forcing us to pay extra on more cloud storage.

I've heard the bad video quality is down the bit rate being low for some reason on the exynos(International) model, and the US and Canada don't have this issue. What's concerning is the phones received 2 or 3 updates in the last few weeks to 'improve the camera' but nothing has changed and the video is still terrible. This year is seemingly another epic fail from Samsung for us here in the UK, just like last years S20 series, they clearly haven't learned their lesson. I'm really considering switching to Apple or One Plus.